OT: Message from Dan

We've got Snig's End, or Solomon's Tump, or Wyre Piddle (Voted most likely to have a chippy)?

Anywhere other than far East or far North would be good for *me*, and let's face it that's what matters*

I can bring Vamps BMW and show him where some scrote keyed it the other day :-(

Wish I knew who it was so I can wait till he's old enough then return the favour on his beloved 1.4 206 with 'Phat Alloyz'.

  • to me.
Reply to
PCPaul

..and the cart springs are already on the back to make it feel at home...

Reply to
PCPaul

I'd see a doctor about that if I were you ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Would that fit on a 6 pot BMW? It's not bad now (28ish mpg) but I'd use it a lot more if I could make it cheaper to run...

It has 'LPG' on the number plate already - so it's asking for it!

Reply to
PCPaul

I think you'll find I actually said '*we've got*'.

Infection. Meh.

Reply to
PCPaul

But the cart SPRING (only one) on a corvette does not provide any geometry or location as it does in a capris. It has proper driveshafts and a double wishbone setup. And when used as a single leaf (no "stiction") across both wishbones it has no disadvatages over a coil spring setup. Unlike a capri.

Yes I know you were not talking about corvettes here but it seemed a good opertunity to defend them anyway because I like them!

Reply to
Burgerman

2L XE does 220BHP on stock internals which is way more than 10% increase.
Reply to
Conor

But you'll not be able to go round corners.

Reply to
Conor

I point you, once again, to the Basil Green Perana.

Perana was 9kg heavier than a 3.0, 0-60 in 6.1 seconds (on 185/70/13s),

142 mph top whack, standing 1/4 in 14.6.

That's using a standard 302 Windsor. Not bad for 1970.

Reply to
Pete M

Just had this in my inbox:

'Hi there again everyone

Just as a follow on to my last message, this is Andy Shepherd again on behalf of Dan.

As you are all now aware Dan has been very poorly for some time, and I am very sorry to have to tell you all that unfortunately Dan passed away this morning at around 7am. He took a turn for the worse this week again, and had been sleeping for a long time before he woke today to say his final words, and peacefully drifted off to sleep this morning. He was at home, with his family, which I think everyone would agree is exactly what he would have wanted.

He has asked me to say that you are all welcome to the funeral when it takes place, I am not sure of dates as yet but I will send a message to all once I have the information.

He also asked me to say a huge thank you to everyone that left messages on his wall ? it was a great comfort to him in his final days ? he saw them all and he and his family were all very moved by the sentiment ? thank you everyone. I think it just shows how much we will all miss our friend.

I will be in touch with funeral information as soon as I can

Thanks

Andy'

RIP Dan. :-(

Reply to
SteveH

The general figure bandied about with cams, induction kit and a less restrictive exhaust was normally about 175bhp IIRC.

The other thing is, and I suspect is why they're popular for track cars etc, is they're a pretty resilient engine bar tappets that can get a bit rattly in old age.

Reply to
JackH

R.I.P indeed.

Bad news and all that, at least he's no longer in pain.

You'll be missed, Dan. I hope they have Clio V6s upstairs.

Reply to
Pete M

Optimistically, at the engine, at high revs and narrow power band,.

With a less than perfectly set up real world one, at the wheels since you cannot accurately measure engine power on a non optimistic dyno you will see about 40 brake less. At best.

And motor with less power over a wider spread that has more area under the power curve will perform much better in 90 percent of driving..

Reply to
Burgerman

Tell that to the corvette...

Reply to
Burgerman

Can I have my hook back please? ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

In light of recent news, I've renamed the thread.

Indeed, tell it to the Corvette which still can't go round corners.

Reply to
Conor

But the beauty is the standard crank/bearing will work for a reliable

1000bhp, so you can easily build a reliable 400-500bhp motor. The Lextreme guys sell most of the bits you need if you have the pockets. They will go to 400 without turbos/blowers, just tuned to rev into the 8-9k bracket, and the usual valve/remap/filters/exhaust manifold/decat. As standard they go to 7k on a Toyota factory box when kicked down, it is just down to factory limiters that they don't. They are so smooth that 8k is just a limiter change away.
Reply to
Elder