OT: Message from Dan

You expect anything less??? ;-)

Without wishing to come across as arrogant as our token shouty northern thickie, I'm more than capable of doing that and more.

When I were a courier, it wasn't unknown for me to do a full days work on runs in the South East, and then do a run oop north overnight (Canterbury to Gateshead and back, for example), and then doing a days work when I got back having had a nap every few hours to make sure I didn't get overtired.

No, the point I was making is I personally think that 266 mainly motorway miles to meet a few of you outside a chippie, whilst it would be nice to put some faces to names, is a bit far really.

If we were meeting at something like a BTCC meet or a car show or whatever, then it might make the trip more justifiable.

Oh, and if the thinking is to combine that with a certain visit of sorts being discussed elsewhere, I've also said why that might not be such a good idea anyway.

As for whether or not the Passat is comfy enough for a run like that, I've done Canterbury to Penzance without a break two years running now for our holidays, and that's around the 340 mile mark.

A moot point really anyway given I'm pretty much set now on getting shot of it and replacing it with a Berlingo Multispace or similar... *spit*

Reply to
JackH

What I'd like, is, in case it's not obvious from my other posts, if we were to have a meet at something like a BTCC meet... or maybe a trackday.

Timo and I went to the 'Race Retro' show up near Coventry the other week - that's the sort of thing that would warrant some of us travelling that bit further for a meet... no offence, like, as I would like to meet up with the majority of bods in here at some stage. :-)

Not too worried about where it is, but like I keep saying, a meet at a meet would make it more justifiable in terms of the time / effort etc to get there.

Reply to
JackH

LOL! Is this the part where I call you a c*ut? ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Well, it's a little excessive I admit, but then I'd be up for something like this because I'm daft like that...

...makes it far more of an idea really...

;)

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, just seen it...

Indeed.

Reply to
DervMan

I've been called far worse... ;-)

Reply to
JackH

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 21:04:39 +0100, DervMan spouted forth:

BTCC sounds good

I'm not fussy about location. Oulton wouldn't be too bad to get to for most of us apart from JackH. Rockingham is pretty easy too if the northern lot dare venture down south

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Oulton rocketh mightily, and not just because it's 1/2 hour from me ;-)

Rockingham, what happens there then?

Reply to
Pete M

Timo is not far from me, so maybe he'd be up for a long(er) trek at some stage.

;-)

Reply to
JackH

They've tried that one before...

Fukkit, lets meet on the road up to the Jested tower in Liberec, November maybe.

Reply to
Pete M

375 miles from here.

Fuck off with "Central". (c:

Do you mean "Nearer shandy central?"

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No, I mean nearer anything resembling civilisation...

Reply to
JackH

You're right.

Kendal looks closer to the centre to me.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I vote South Wales.

Reply to
DervMan

Get Tim to drive and I'm sure you can do 240 miles in an hour and twenty minutes.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

100 Miles. FFS, can't you find somewhere a bit closer to me?
Reply to
Douglas Payne

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If thats what you call 'civilisation', you can keep it. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

;)

Reply to