UKRCM Rolling Road / Trackday Weekend?

With that paintjob? The previous owner was clearly a weirdo, no way it's making big bhp :-D

Reply to
DanB

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I might not have been thinking of the Crapi.

Reply to
Adrian

If you would have read the small print on your Ring entranche, you would=20 have remarked that the Ring is a public road, a tolroad to be precise=20 and that racing -while being open to the public- on it is strictely=20 forbidden.

Our German friends (white cars with green striping, "Polizei" written on=20 it ) book easily and handsomely the wannabee-racers. Lats time I was=20 there the fine -payable on the spot for the non-Germans- was 280 Eur.

Furthermore it's is not the length or -to some extend- the speeds you=20 drive on a track that wreck tires and brakes but the number of times=20 you go from high speed to close to nothing. Repeated heaving braking at=20 relatif low speed (let's say =20

That may be true but remains unproven.

Bottomline stays that on a stock car the limit isn't static but that the=20 limit can alter quite rapidely. The faster you go, the faster you can=20 put yourself in a aera where you have no knowledge and where things can=20 become dangerous.

As to "not crash" I guess that no-one enters a trackday with the=20 intention of crashing but I have still to participe as driver or=20 instructor the first trackday where no crashes happened.

That's not a problem as long as -on a trackday- you don't start=20 competing with one. Most racecars on a trackday are there for testing=20 purposes.

Maybe because it is important and -in my case as a driving instructor-=20 because I like technical things, cars being among them. I even must=20 admit than I like some cars far more than the people who drive them ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Are you confusing track days with test days? - every track day I've been to has specifically banned non-road cars / race teams and slick / race tyres.

Reply to
SteveH

Dude leave me alone heh! I'm trying not to argue with you, can you just forgot I said anything? I made a joke, everyone but you and Dervy got it, and I'm sorry it went over your heads. I couldn't have raced on the ring, we were only one car, I had no one to race with and I let everyone who caught me up by as soon as it was safe, often losing much time if it was a long train of cars. I say once more, I wouldn't push my car beyond, or too near the limit because I wouldn't want to crash it - as I've said a few times... This is partly because, I like it, but mainly because, I wouldn't be insured! So it would be alll bad, I know that much heh.

Also, I know you know more about cars than me, I know you've much experience of racing cars, trackday cars, building cars, tuning cars, mechanics on cars, trackdays, the ring, race driving, instructing people to race cars and racing as a whole.

Please stop giving me lectures about not doing naughty things on track days or the ring, racing cars and my own car (how much experience do you have of a Clio3 R27 or Cup?). I already know, I read the ring rules some 5 times before we even went there. Also, I know how trackdays work and I'm sorry if you thought I would genuinely 'race' other members or do anything naughty like dive by on the brakes...

...although it might be necessary on SteveH as his only last about 2 laps then he'd have to start braking at double the normal distance from the corner, so I'd probably still be well on the straight and before the braking zone hehe ;-) (That was another joke, I wouldn't really do that, please don't shout at me anymore :-( )

It was a joke, even a lie, but please, stop telling me it wasn't a joke and I am a naughty boy. And let's not forget, I'm never going to drive again. Ever. So I'm never going to even get the chance to be baaad.

Thank you Tom :-)

Reply to
DanB

Don't you worry: we are going to fly!

It's nice up there, 1500 to 2500 feet AGL and I might need a navigator. For me England is all hills and green (and yellow) stuff, so you are far more knowledgable about that.

Y're welcome!

Sorry (but then not too much) about lecturing: I've sung the song so often that somethimes I wander off while playing the disk. Just you hit me with something not too hard nor too expensif when it happens again, OK?

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

quicker? maybe 0-60mph but nothing in it once rolling i'd of thought, body roll? you aint been in my E36 probably less roll than your clio! to be honest dan i think you underestimate the old girl! i bet there would be hardly anything in it given both cars in suitible hands, i think it would be pretty close, who'd win? who knows and we won't i guess. my BM weighs in at around 1400kg's which is probably the same as your clio.

Reply to
Vamp

I'm afraid the trackdays at Lydden are on the road based part of the circuit, not the Rallycross part, so you're shit out of luck I'm afraid. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Does your plane have a wheelchair ramp?

Cool :-) No probs!

Reply to
DanB

Do you expect us to believe that? Come on French and Italian cars managing a few laps!

Reply to
Depresion

Meh I have no idea what I was thinking.

Reply to
DervMan

Bah, I'd bring my 306 and show you some real diesel power. Only it doesn't start so *you* got off lightly ;)

Reply to
Abo

I thought the horse was painted on his bonnet :P

Reply to
Abo

OK, OK, Civilisation OR Liverpool, whichever.

Reply to
PCPaul

I couldn't figure out if you mocking me, praising me, talking about something I forgot I wrote, or just like, WTF :-)

Reply to
DanB

I think I was thinking about something else when I posted, so it essentially came out as garbage.

I blame a combination of me telling my colleagues, "see I told you - everything is f****d with the market, the banks and the economy" and getting a dose of man 'flu, which has spread to wifey, plus the smaller kittie having a dose of "lets puke up everywhere and look green so he has to take me to the vet."

But anyway like, sorry, heh.

I did try to email you but somehow managed to screw that up too! :-p

Reply to
DervMan

Hehe it's ok, I wasn't offended :-) The reply address is valid though. Once you have a valid reply address it's surprising how many times people obviously click reply to send not reply to all :-)

Reply to
DanB

Yeah I know, as is mine, like I say I have no idea how even I messed that one up! :-)

Reply to
DervMan