You are all going to slate me for it, but I quite like this.

If you are talking about who I think you are talking about, I know where he lives. The car can be seen on a trailer in the driveway from time to time.

Sometimes, at night, when he is sleeping: I touch it.

I do know at least 1 other person with an Impreza Turbo, he fraternises with MR2 Turbo owners and they discuss how many ASBOs they've had and bore the pants off people by talking about horsepowers and RONs. They work in the middle echelons of retail management.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

funny enough i'm fine doing the same thing in my BM cos i naturally react these days in a RWD way. after 3 RWD cars over 3 and a bit years i've kinda got used to how they twitch and how to catch it ect. so when i get in a FWD car i drive it like a FWD owner would driving a RWD car. a bit more carefully :)

Reply to
Vamp

Little twitches are ok, I kinda get the feeling from the Vee though, if you have a high speed big twitch, you're ditchbound :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Me too, he was our sysadmin for a while, but didn't work out. Late 20's early 30's, spent 6 months backpacking across central america, lived by himself in Saddleworth, and competed in road cycle racing.

Reply to
Elder

I've seen a Westfield owner with a car key stuck under his knee-cap, he "submarined" from his seat and his knee hit the ignition switch area. Looked painful....

Reply to
Tony Bond

Oh...

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Reply to
Iridium

Reply to
jackhackettuk

As I'm sure you're aware those engines have a very restrictive intake setup and react well to breathing mods :-p You know you want throttle bodies...

Reply to
Iridium

I don't, you know.

I quite like them standard - good fun to drive, and it should be fairly (1) reliable if I leave it basically standard.

(1) That's by Peugeot standards, anyway. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Ouch! I bet it stung a fair bit!