1996 Maxima RH Front Power Window & Lock problem. Remote Problem.

I had my beloved Maxima painted. It was finished about a week ago. When I first got it back I checked everything and all seemed okay.

Now, the passenger side front power door lock is not working and the passenger side front window is stuck in the closed position. The window will not open using either switch.

Since the power door lock problem started I am also having issues with the remote.

Naturally because the power door lock is not working my (brand new OEM) remote does not lock or unlock the door. All the other doors seem to lock and unlock just fine with the remote BUT turn hazard lights do not flash when I hit the 'lock' button on the remote.

Is this hazard light not flashing just to tell me 'Hey, there is a problem and your car may not be secure'?

What should I do about this?

I really like the car. I have owned it for about 6 years and it runs GREAT. I never experienced any of these problems before it was painted.

I am in hopes that it is just a bad connection on the power window motor and the door lock actuator, but just in case I am bidding on both used parts on Ebay.

NEXT PROBLEM...

This Maxima did NOT have fog lights when it came from the factory/ dealership. When I had it painted I had a used bumper from a 1996 Maxima SE WITH the fog lights put on. I covered it with a NEW bumper cover as the old one was not in great condition.

There were plugs there on my car to plug the fog light power connectors into, but the fog lights are not comming on.

QUESTION; Should they be comming in if everything else is working okay? If so, what can I do to diagnose this problem?

Is there a special switch or button that came on the 1996 SE model that turns on the fog lights?

Any suggestions apprecaited.

Thanks,

Maxima Owner

Reply to
tonyinclearwater

Better than stuck in the open position ....

Check the wiring bundle where it goes into the driver's door (between the hinges). I'll bet the painters messed it up somehow.

There should be a ring on the turn stalk just inboard of the main light switch to turn them on and off. There is also a fog light relay and a couple of fuses involved. I have occasionally run across web sites that have the factory service manual for this car available for free download. Your best bet is to find one of these and trace the wiring against the wiring diagrams in the book to see how much of it you actually have.

Reply to
E Meyer

You or an insurance company paid alot of money for the repair. Take it back! Give them a chance to make it right. HTH, Ben

Reply to
benteaches