Best Rated threads in Nissan Autosshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Glowing Red Exhaust Manifold on '95 2.4L Nissan Pickup...........
Well, finally started up the truck again. I checked the timing with a timing light and it does advance 10 degrees or so when the engine is revved up. With the engine idling, the timing appears to be...
9
9

95 Pathfinder Transmission
I would like to get a heads up on what to expect on a transmission repair. My 1995 Pathfinder V6 Automatic will sometimes not go into reverse. I had the fluid changed a week ago, and it still does it....
14
14

1987 Nissan Stanza - Replacing the Timing Belt
Hello. I need to replace the timing belt on a 1987 Nissan Stanza. I was told by the dealership that the crank shaft pulley must be removed in order to replace the belt and in order to remove the...
1
1

1994 Nissan Sentra - problem with instrument panel lights
94 Nissan Sentra GXE with 183K+ miles, all instrument panel lights (speedo-, tach-, gas gauge) failed to turn on when I started the car one evening. Worked fine before. Headlights work. Other...
5
5

Altima - reattach rear spoiler?
I've just purchased a 1997 Nissan Altima that came with the rear spolier in the trunk. The Spoiler is in perfect condition and there's no damage to the trunk lid, just a dot of sealant protecting the...
4
4

1996 Nissan Quest Hesitation problem
I have had an intermittent hesitation problem since the car was at the 35000 mile mark. It starts off one hesitation in every 10 accelerations. Gradually, it gets more and more frequent until the car...
2
2

2002 3.5 Throttle Chamber & Emissions Warranty
Long (but I think interesting and informative) story followed by pertinent questions. Although this happened on an Altima, since all of the Nissan V6s are all pretty much the same, this ought to apply...

Infinity G20 (1996 Model) Check Engine light
I have a 1996 G20 - It has 115K miles. I saw the "engine check" light come on the other day. It has Oil and Water and everything appears normal. What is this due to?
2
2

Primera boot/trunk light switch
The light in my boot has become intermittent. I belive and the garage agrees it is the switch. The replacement switch comes as a kit complete with the tail gate lock. My question is and the dealer...

1998 Nissan Pathfinder
When I push the "unlock" button on the factory remote for my 1998 Nissan Pathfinder, the lights don't flash & there's no chirping sound like with some other vehicles. When I push the "lock" button, my...
2
2

rb30 n/a perf bin files??
hi, any body got any rb30 nissan n/a or turbo performance eprom chips, or even just the performance bin file they wanna swap or sell ???? email me : thanks , mark k

No Oil Pressure
Help! I have a 91 nissan PU (KA24E engine)with just under 300,000 km and the front cover had worn through due to a worn out chain guide and water was mixing with the oil. I just repaired the front...
3
3

N16 Pulsar - Rev Limiter
Hello all, Does anyone know if this model has a rev limiter? I was taking off pretty hard last night and when shifting into second didn't lift off the gas enough, when all acceleration just died. I...

Infiniti Q45 windshield washer nozzle clog (remove & repair & replace)
My 1990 Q45 windshield washer 2-jet nozzles constantly clog. Before I begin dissassembly, I'd like to ask the re-engineering preventive-repair question: Q: Does widening the jets work[/color] as a...
1
1

2002 Sentra GXE smells of burning oil?
Took car in to dealer for a oil change on Monday, and when I got home could smell burning oil. Called dealer and service person said that they probably spilled some oil and to give it about 3 days and...
6
6

'90 Nissan Pulsar Main switch panel
Hi, We have a 1990 Nissan Pulsar X1R. We recently had a Uniden alarm installed, and when it came back from the installation, the main window swich panel was faulty. The top door lock switch works, but...

Axxess Engine Swap
Hi, I need a new engine for my 90 Axxess. Can I easily dump in any KA24E or KA24DE engine? How much more power does the KA24DE engine have, and would I need the computer from the doner vehicle? Any...
1
1

Hardbody Speedometer Calibration?
I have a 4 cylinder 1995 Nissan XE 2WD pick-up truck with 195 75 14 tires. A friend gave me his Frontier factory 15" rims. I am considering installing 235 70 15 tires. ¿What will I need to calibrate...

Hit a Deer, Steering binds
On the way to work last night, I hit a deer that was lying in the road. No body panels were damaged. It went down the center under the car. The car is a '92 Sentra, 1.6L, 4 spd. automatic. Since then,...
4
4

Timing trouble on 97 Sentra GA16DE engine
I have a 1997 Sentra GXE with 108,000 miles and a GA16DE engine that will not start. Before it died it sounded like it had a diesel engine in it and was loosing power when I accelerated. Then one day...
1
1