What is a Primera and where are they??

Someone from Australia has told me the Primera is the U.S. version of the Au car she has. Well, that can't be right because I've never heard of it and it's not on the Nissan USA web site. I looked it up on Google and it seems to be equivilant to a Sentra. Anyone know ?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Very popular here in New Zealand, It's not like the Sentra's we have here. Most of the older ones I've seen here have been imported 2nd hand from Japan.

Take a look at

Greg.

Reply to
Greg

Hi, The Primera's USA equivalent is the Infiniti G20. In the UK the latest Primera is the P12, the one I have is the P11-144 and is by far and away the best car I have ever owned ! HTH Jim

Reply to
Jim Lennie

Thanks...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

While the UK got the Maxima QX the Primera was marketed between the Maxima (Bluebird) and Almera (UK Sentra). Now the Primera is top of the Nissan UK saloon range - no Infiniti in UK.

They have started advertising the 350Z on TV this week. Going on what I see on the road they have been very successful in making it an exclusive car in the UK. Mazda RX8 see 2 or 3 a day, 350Z see 1 a month.

Even when it was available in the UK the Skyline GT-R was a secret, only 6 dealers allowed to sell it, not listed in the "showroom" on the web site (you had to tunnel in to find it), other dealers had no product info and would not tell you which dealers had them!

Peter Hill