OT I agree 100 percent!

How come we've been brain washed into thinking everyone coming here is broke and ignorant and can't speak some english?

Reply to
mark digital©

Yes but salmon is good for you.

Reply to
dbu,.

Sure, I'll travel to Florida to make some old fart piss himself. Get real.

Reply to
ToMh

There are parts of Florida that are real South, but not many....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Coward?

I thought so......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

So tell me what wrath you would bring upon me if I had the "courage" to call you a fascist idiot to your face?

Reply to
ToMh

When can I expect you?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You have me scared now, I want to know what you plan on doing to me. I mean you sound like one tough SOB, so I'm curious what a tough honcho like yourself would do.

Reply to
ToMh

He'll sit in your car for five minutes and leave it smelling like a wet diaper for the next three weeks. Beware.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

ewwww, old person urine smell. Well a guys gotta make use of his strengths.

Reply to
ToMh

When can I expect you to arrive?

Any airport in Florida is ok by me....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I told you, you have me too scared. But I'd like to know about your fighting style. So what is it, what would you do to me? I'd like to know.

Reply to
ToMh

Right....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Yeah, you northern transplants are killing its southern cred by inches

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Well...I'm not really a northern transplant.

My growing up was in Dry Branch and Doraville Georgia.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Ah...now we have a different story: "prepared to learn English". An instructor from Berlitz once told me they consider themselves successful if an English speaking person can be truly fluent in a foreign language after two years of study. If we assume that's the same for non-English speakers learning our language (and we have no reason NOT to assume this), what are those people supposed to do while they're learning? Live in caves where nobody needs to interact with them?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I think has been the main sticking point - lack of communication (ha!) - in this thread. Giving people some leeway while they're learning English, or expecting them to be fluent as soon as their feet first hit U.S. soil?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If he means "fluent when you get here", he's nuts, and a hypocrite. There are people born here who aren't fluent at all. If you're going to make a rule, it's got to apply to everyone.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This explains a lot.

Reply to