Engine tin, what goes there?

On my 71 Super bug I appear to be missing a piece of engine tin. Looking at the engine, to the left of the pully, but not down in the hole of the pully, there is a threaded hole and a non threaded hole. The threaded hole has a nut attached to the underside of the tin. Any ideas what goes there?

Reply to
Gregory Coats

"Gregory Coats" wrote

It sounds like where the upper pulley tin would attach. It's item 38 in this picture:

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Yep that looks like it. thank you. Where did you come up with that picture?

Reply to
Gregory Coats

FYI... not really important as the other pieces in terms of cooling engine...So no biggie if it's missing

Reply to
Mel P.