OT: Hey Travis / Offroad experience

Hey you :)

You are the sumbiatch who gave me the spark to off-roading, tried it with my other Subaru (STW) earlier this year and last winter, but yesterday I bought another 4wd Subaru... and within 24 hours I had gotten some Real MUD on it! Yes, I did take it off road, drove uphill on a field, all icky gooey mud.. the kind that would suck your boots off. Didn't get too far, I entered too slow.. but I DID it and that's what counts.. lol.. and within 24 hours of actually getting the car.. :D

There's my new toy. It ain't much, but it's fun and the engine is in the back :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:32:31 +0300, Jan Andersson shared the following:

From your website: "First in 2wd, and it got suck immediately." Sometimes these things just write themselves. ;-)

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja... *SOLD*

soon...
that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.:wq!

Reply to
travis

What the hell is that thing??? Looks like a frog mated with a Toyota!!!?? Damn, Jan, scarin' the hell out of me with that thing, worse than Timmy's new tip (should have figured that was yours at one time). Look, you scared the "....." right out of me!

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Hahahahaha I gotta fix that.. lol.. good catch :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Subaru Domingo, 900kg curb weight, 1,2 liter 3 cylinder engine (60hp) in the rear, selactable drivetrain (push button) reaer wheel drive/4x4

it's a fun little toy :)

I use it for work commute now that it's getting a bit cold (And icy, soon) to drive my aircooleds.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Planning on having some sand sacks in the back? Those vans can be a real pain to drive empty when it is slippery. Ok, it has rear engine, that might help.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

what do I need sand bags for, I have practically new studded winter tires and four wheel drive!!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Haven't tried 4WD van on ice, but both FWD and RWD in my experience act very unbalanced regardless of tires when the cargo compartment is empty.

Idunno, shutting up.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Dude! That should be able to drive around your house really well though. Still think your subey wagon is faster though lol"This thing really comes alive at over 3500RPM.. STOMP ON IT!".. My ranger is like that too lol.

-Kirin

Reply to
Kirin Jacobsen

Reply to
VWGirl

Hehe.. yes?

This beast is half (third?) the size of your vanagon, so it leaves more room on my yard for VW's.... How's that for acceptable explanation? :P

Jan :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Vanagons are 4 wheel drive?

Gary

Reply to
Ace

Only some of them..

They do pretty well off road (remember teh ground clearance and long wheelbase), but when something breaks it's pricey.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson