Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FA; My "near the barn" find
If I wasn't working on 3 other vehicles i would restore this 65 bus.
28
28

by-pass oil filters
Some of you know I use Franz by-pass filters on my vw's and some other vehicles. They were popular in the 70's and late 60's with adapter hardware for vw engines. They do super job of filtering and...
6
6

Oil light
T3 oil light has never flickered once in the all the time I,ve had her. Gave the engine a wash today to get all the oil off ( annual registration checks in Australia can be a "pain in a@#e" . Had one...
3
3

looong term ACVW storage
Beginning this December I'm going to be storing my 73 Karmann Ghia for the next four to six years. I've asked around a bit and done some online research and I'm getting some conflicting information....
4
4

Gas in my oil
Just a quick sanity check guys. Just brought my 67 bug out after parking it a few months ago and found my oil level way too high? After draining it, I found it was mostly fuel! I'm pretty sure it...
7
7

NO DEATH THREATS... PLEASE...
It's just in my blood. Pictures and and video to follow... Stay tuned...
18
18

ALL THE RESTAURATION IS DONE*
Restauration... HMMM.... "Joel," eh? Riiiiiiight.......
4
4

OT: HOT
but time to park the bug a couple of months and drive somethingwith AC. :-/
6
6

All Weather Floor Mats
Just Because I thought this was cool... The Intro-Tech Automotive All Season HEXOMAT=99 Custom Auto Mat is manufactured in the USA (877) 712-4222 using only the finest quality non-fading and...

trans. fill plug to tight?
who screws these plugs in so tight? I would suggest to all that have the engine out. to loosen these plugs. I mean, has anyone have this fill plug drop out ????
8
8

73 Bus, Rear Disc Brake Conversion
My father builds VW trikes. In the past he's used the rears of junked out Gias as the rear of the trike. He's started building a trike for me but this time the donor rear-end is from a '73 bus. He has...

woohoo - I got RAMVA again :)
after switching to linux a while ago I lost ramva - its just wasn't in the available groups to subscribe too ?? I used google groups for a bit - but soon tired of that I just for some reason checked...
6
6

Mario emailed me
What the hell does pithedic mean ? I'm thinking it means he likes me. Randy
16
16

'79 convertible - value?
I have an opportunity to pick up a '79 fuel injection beetle convertible that has been stored for at least 5 years, probably more. It seems to be in pretty good shape (body, top, upholstery) and am...
1
1

grinding on turning
When I turn the steering wheel on my '65 Karmann Ghia too far (when leaving a parking spot, for instance), I get a loud tapping/grinding from the front end. Is this symptomatic of something, or...
10
10