92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Interesting but I have a similar problem on my 1991 Acura The blower doesn't run and I think that it's frozen. I don't have power on the cigarette socket also. All the fuses look OK.

One day I started the car and a smell of pc board burning and smoke came inside of the car. The fan switch was in the middle position and didn't turn. I believe that a high current melted the contacts on that position. I forced the switch and it rotated. I started to follow the book instructions but I gave up after removing a few panels. Acceptability of the blower is not easy. I have the manual but doesn't help. I believe the manual isn't an accurate representation of the actual circuit. I am thinking of selling the car as is and let some one fix it.

The service manual was available on the Internet thanks to Tegger

John

Reply to
John

I must also add that the radio also lost power

Reply to
john

john wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Both the cigarette lighter and the radio are fed by a 10-amp fuse in thge under-dash fuse box. Check for a blown one.

As for the blower itself, Honda calls the entire duct assembly the "blower", which kind of confuses things. All you want is the /motor/. The motor should drop out of the bottom of the duct with nothing more than the removal of the three bolts you can see from the bottom. There should be no need to remove the duct from the car.

Reply to
Tegger

I also have a 91 Acura Integra with this same issue. The heater works but the blower does not. The cigarette lighter and radio do not work either. The problem started as intermittent but after a few months, the blower and radio quit completely. They both started back up for a short time on a very hot day (101.7°) last summer. I don't know if the heat / expansion was a factor. I am coming up on winter and could use the defroster. I wondered if anybody had solved this mystery. Susanne

Reply to
Susanne