Defender seat replacement.

Hello all, can any folk out here tell me the easiest seat replacement for a def 110 1984 vintage. The old vinyl ones looking a bit tired. Is a replacement from another vehicle an EASY option, or best getting some genuine/exmoor types? Not too bothered about a bit of adaptation, just aint got too much time at the mo! Hoping for a solution. Thanks in advance Stu

Reply to
tomtom

Britpart recently lauched these kits :

Whats in the kits is listed using the "Info" link, or

if you want to get really stuck in!

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

Defending on taste, and if you done mind being slightly 'Rude Boy', i got 2 Paddock Bucket seats from ebay, with sub frames for £80 each.

It was much cheaper than original ones, and i can honestly say that

a - They make it much much more comfortable to drive,

2 - They actually increase the leg room a fair bit, as they sit lower down at the back. Being 6" 7, it make a world of difference.

Depends on how you feel about em. Piece of piss to fit, uses same 8 bolts and holes that the standard ones do.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

"BeamEnds" wrote in reply to Stu

Richard, what does Vinyl Twill look like? Is there a photo somewhere?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

That sounds just the job. Thanks a million Stu

Reply to
tomtom

Do you want some pics?

Ill get some uploaded tomorrow if you like.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I dont know if Im doing something wrong here, as my original message not showing. Is there another vehicle seats fit well? Stu

Reply to
tomtom

Dont sound too good to me, Vinyl Twill ??????? Sounds like an 80s punk group :-) Stu

Reply to
tomtom

Nowt wrong with 80's punk groups!

Mind you I'd not like to rest my arse on one.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

sounds good, just the Vinyl word again, want to upgrade if me spending £, or might as well buy a cheap set o covers from car boot Stu

Reply to
tomtom

I've never managed to find one yet! Its a sort of grey/blue vinyl cloth look-a-like with twills that look like stitching - fitted to most non-Station Wagon Defenders from about 1995 or so.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You'd have a job telling them from Genuine Parts ones. Vinyl Twill is that offical description of non-cloth Defender seats from around

1995 on until the black version fitted in Td5's.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:52:01 GMT, "tomtom" enlightened us thusly:

I had Sierra seats in mine. but you can only get 2 in.

Reply to
Austin Shackles