Disco 2 TD5 dual mass flywheels

I had the clutch changed over 3 years ago using genuine L/R parts by someone on this group, and it's never been right - not fully disengaging making gear changing flakey. Vehicle's only done a few thousand since then and now is getting worse. Local independant reckons that it may be the dual mass flywheel - he's having it in next week to investigate but I'd value comments from the kind folk on this group. One option he is suggesting is to replace the flywheel with a standard one - again I'd welcome comments.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If its anything like the Toyota I had, a solid flywheel will be cheaper and you won't notice the difference.

None of that nonsense in a Series 1!

Gordon.

Reply to
gordon

On or around Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:53:51 -0000, "Andrew Mawson" enlightened us thusly:

There's a kit to be had to put a single-mass on with a normal clutch, costs about the same as a new dual-mass, and is probably better. Not any use if like me you have time constraints that preclude waiting for it to be delivered. Otherwise, I'd have done it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles