Some Piccys of Morph - 101 FC

That certainly explains why the panels are so distorted, Nitromors would have done the job eventually given patience.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

I think it's the "given patience" bit that counts here!

Ask Emma... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Must be cack handed then, because my panels are still fine.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Me and Mum have the scars to prove it! ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Unreal , I just clicked that that is a recent piccy! What a butcher, last time Al gives me any crap about gutting a proto type! Just unreal, I thought it was an early pre sand coloured paint job. I used to actually be quite envious of the straight pannels on that ambi. Tis a shame. Be a bugger to replace too.... all them rivets to get exactky right , Cos if he doesn't it's pay back time ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Get in an orderly queue now...

Reply to
Mother

Thats not Al's ambi is it? I knew he was repainting it, but didnt know that he was going for the crinkle effect too?

Looks like he got a nice finish on the paint - shame about the surface though :(

It took me about 30 seconds with my heat gun to notice that it bent the panel and call it off in favour of the nitromors.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I've got the page to work now, so i know that it is Al's! (Martyn - your hosting was down for me earlier today)

Reply to
Tom Woods

No it wasn't. It was planned maintenance ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Any more unscheduled planned maintenance in the offing?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Prolly quite a lot I should imagine, over the next couple of weeks.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:01:08 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

careful...

I love the BOFH. 'specially the original set.

there are several bits of classic humour which will probably never disappear from the net...

"vaxen don't belong" is one (rather dated, now)...

helps if you've had experience of an 11/750 and the like, which I guess a lot haven't, now. In its day, it was a good machine - you oculd have something like 15 concurrent users :-)

If you're young enough, you may have to check the date at the end in wikipedia...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:57:52 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

used them at uni, running Minitab, then after we learnt it on VAX, we had to go learn it on Mac and PC.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Prolly already posted this...

13.6 meg tho' so only a broadband link...

Also some stuff of mine at

Mother

Before my time. The first machines i remember using was a Digital Microsystems 3B/102. A Minicomputer system capable of handling up to

256 dumb terminals on VT Ansi. Ran CPM/86 from 8" disk floppy or hard in 64k of RAM

Most people have never heard of them. I've still got two or three working examples. Must be over 25 years old now.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:04:46 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

the 11/750 at lampeter uni was linked to the inernet via a 9600 baud leased line. Bloody amazing to think of that, now. Mind, it was enough for text-only.

excellent. Such things should be preserved. around the place here I have (non-functional, though) a Pet, a Siruis B and a Dragon 32. I think the Dragon still works, if ICBA to get it out and fire it up.

Reply to
Austin Shackles
[snip]

A Dragon 32 rings a bell with me, I had a TRS-80 which apparently used the same chipset. I bought a BBC B which had an internal modem built in which I used to access Prestel. Anyone remember Prestel? and the area on teletext where you could download programs direct from the TV to the BBC computer.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:56:04 +0100, Stephen Hull scribbled the following nonsense:

spent hours with my dad one week trying to get it to work. I seem to recall that we had to have a large box attahced to the BBC B, all made out of the same colour plastic.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Proof, not that it's needed, that the rationale for the proposed creation of: uk.comp.vintage was correct...

Reply to
Mother

the comp.sys.acorn.* groups are very active, though mostly RISC-OS these days. Plenty of Beeb knowledge about though.

As with most groups, the majority are very helpful, but there are a couple (well, one really these days) of people who will rant if you top-post, over quote, etc etc

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd