Some Piccys of Morph - 101 FC

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

Don't think the necessary steam coal is any longer available.

Reply to
GbH

You're still in with a chance - Z80A are still in production, and there are circuit diagrams you could work from. Like you're in with a chance of fixing a ZX80, but not the ZX81 with its Ferranti ASIC.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:56:04 +0100, Stephen Hull enlightened us thusly:

Dragon was a 6809 processor. 8-bit one that grew into the 68000, AIUI.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:23:21 +0100, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

too flippin' true. 's difficult indeed to get decent coal fer steam engines now, or at least, not at an affordable price. Not sure if Tower do anything good, they might.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I forget what was in the DMS systems. But the first PC I had was a Zenith with an 8086 in it, which i upgraded to a NEC V20. Oooh, the sheer power.....

It finished up with a co-pro, 2meg of memory, VGA Graphics, 3 floppy drives and 4x60meg RLL Hard Disk Drives. Most reliable machine I ever had. Still got most of it somewhere, and it'll still boot up DOS 3.3 if I find it and plug it in

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Somebody has to preserve the heritage of computing. Frankly I think i'll offer the systems to the Bletchly Park heritage lot, as they're really only taking up space here.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Tell that to my mum...

Reply to
Mother

Ah yes, I remember it was the 6809.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

hehe. Pretty much all of the stuff that i still have at my parents house (exluding the couple of cars adorning the garden!) is a wardrobe full of my collection of old computers. The apple ][ was my favorite. Have got one set up in my living room at the moment :)

Reply to
Tom Woods