WANTED : Exahust manifold for 2.6 straight six

Hi all

As the title suggests I am in need for a exhaust manifold for a 2.6 as mine has been botched badly by somone in the past.

I will also be after a full exahust at some point if somone has one or knows of a good source but I may be able to source this from the bits a this and bits a that box.

thanks guys and gals

Paul

Reply to
Paul Henry

Wise Owl land rover parts in north vancouver has purchased a container of

2.6 bits and bobs. Ray is right now careening across the great outback in Oz to prove a point with his overdrive unit...so call him in a week or so to find the scoop.

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald

Hi Gerald

Thanks for letting me know mate but im in the UK so the cost of importing the stuff just makes it impractical to do but thank you for letting me know I really appreciate it.

All the best

Paul

Reply to
Paul Henry

I have a 2.6 which I am planning to dump the engine, however the previous project has not been completed, and it's unlikely I'll be stripping the engine out for a couple of months. How urgent is your need?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for letting me know

Im not in that much of a rush to be totally honest im in the process of a rebuild and just sorting the chassie out so I know its sound.

Can I ask why your dumping the engine just curiouse.

If the exhaust is still in a usable state then I would be interested in taking the full system off your hands if your going to be getting rid of stuff by all means let me know what you want for it as I may well be interested in it.

Wereabouts in the country are you im prity close to Liverpool

Thanks again for getting in touch

Paul

Reply to
Paul Henry

Unfortunatly, I'm in Luton, which is fair way from you.

The head gasket is blown, and the head bolts are seized into the head. At the end of the day, it's not worth getting it repaired, much as I like the 6-pot, it is too thirsty.

The exhaust is in a reasonable state, the rear box and at least one of the pipes were replaced recently, and still have some life in them. The manifold also has the extra bit inbetween for the exhaust emissions control, it pumps air down the exhaust. Although I have long since removed the compressor, the extra slice is available as well.

Let me know if you are still interested, when I get the rebuild I'm doing nearer finished I can start to remove parts from the 2.6, but it may be a month or more.

Alex

Reply to
Alex