What is a Winkworth Electric Bell??

Have you read his response(s)?

Evidently, however you fail to have realised that the original comment pointed out a somewhat irony - especially as your .sig is, erm, broken.

I, having read this statement a couple of times now, totally fail to see the logic. It is a bizarre statement and rather indicates that, by the absense of an anti-paedophilia link in your .sig that you are yourself, by implication, a paedophile.

Your response is disproportionate to the posting which your are quoting.

May I introduce you to uk.telecom, or uk.net.news.config or uk.legal or any number of other usenet groups where you, yourself would be thought of as sad, or indeed a f****it - not due to anything you've said (although it would certainly contribute to the belief), but merely by having such a monumentally broken .sig

Best to keep quiet and be thought a f****it than put fingers to keyboard and confirm it to the rest of the world.

Reply to
Mother

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:58:12 +0100, I was awakened by Mother in alt.fan.landrover who caused me to spill hot coffee on my keyboard by writing the following:

OK, I still don't get it, call me a f****it, or what ever. But how is my sig broken, what has it got to do with spam.

I don't post that often, so not up on usenet, but why is is so wrong?

OK I'll go away, and not come back.... but how can I make the sig not broken

Reply to
Dan Allen

There should be a space after the two dashes, odd that you are using a version of agent which always used to comply but I see Tim Hobbs is similarly lacking and he has also migrated to agent 2, or is your newserver stripping the trailing space.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

So, do I stand up and say "Tough, I'm a maverick", or do I meekly mod my broken sig and shuffle into a corner and lie low for a while...

Well, as the latter clearly didn't work...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

The news server shouldn't.

Some text editors do, and should be used carefully.

Reply to
David G. Bell

No need

must've been magic then

AJH (non compliant sig)

Reply to
sylva

Hey, you managed to get the space to werk... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Both Dans and Tim's sigs are working right in Agent here (1.9) - If i reply to one of their posts it strips the .sig off as it should. Perhaps agent is just less picky than most other newsreaders?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Finally found it. It's the big long one at the bottom...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:17:04 +0100, I was awakened by snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com in alt.fan.landrover who caused me to spill hot coffee on my keyboard by writing the following:

Ah.....

So it was agent 2 that caused me problems then....

Global apology to Paul-xx then - opps sorry

Is this now how it should be??

Reply to
Dan Allen

I doubt it. Agent 2 (or 1.9) was not to blame for my sig - I just didn't put the space in. Now I have.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:15:51 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

Agent will strip dash-dash-return as well as dash-dash-space-return.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:01:10 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

coo, well done that sigmonster. and no, I didn't fix that, it just happened.

Reply to
Austin Shackles