Getting a copy of an MOT cert

The online check at a post-office is not very thorough though. I have twice gone to tax a car that has previously been Sorned and the post-office saw it as already taxed. I would hope that this means that they do not get to see whether a car is taxed or not, only that it is not outstanding. I hope that the checks for MOTs are accurate and clear.

I wonder why the post-office need an insurance certificate? Surely they can see the insurance database?

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

And you can only get a 12 month one when putting a 35 month old car in for its first MOT - I got caught by that one.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

There is provision for people in that situation to buy a tax disc in advance for several months (see DVLA site). Alternately just cash in the old one and buy another

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have taxed other peoples uninsured cars using my trade insurance certificate at a post office. (not very recently, but after MID came in)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

My local sub-post office, which has issued me with a tax disc, has no visible method of checking anything online. I took the papers along, and those were what were used for confirmation of validity.

Reply to
Davey