Resetting service warning lights

How does your example perform with 12V?

You do talk crap.

Reply to
Fredxx

I don't think any voltage going through a 1 Megohm resistor would fire anything.

Reply to
Fredxx

I haven't seen you post anything useful to this thread, or indeed any other.

Reply to
Fredxx

After not providing anything of substance to this thread, we should be grateful for small mercies.

Reply to
Fredxx

Me too. Very handy as the module can even be left plugged in permanently, so no wondering where you put it after you last used it.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Once I was parked in a shopping centre car park and noticed an open SSID that appeared to be a wifi OBD dongle, that struck me as a good way to get your car hacked or stolen ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Reply to
John Rumm

From the doc noted by Huge somewhere up this overlong thread:

The inflator consists of a metal case inside of which there is a combustion chamber surrounded by a metallic tissue filter packing. In pyrotechnic inflators, this chamber contains

70-75 g of a solid fuel pressed into a tablet form. This consists of 60 % sodium azide (NaN 3 ), 20% potassium nitrate (KN0 3 ) and 20% silicon oxide (Si0 2 ). When the inflator receives the triggering signal, the flow of current melts the triggering wire in the priming charge which is this ignited. This burn-off of the squib starts the exothermic oxidation of sodium azide with potassium nitrate. The gas mixture produced by this reaction passes through the filter unit, which separates out the solid particles and cools the gas down, into the airbag.

? In the event of a power failure due to an accident the central unit has sufficient own energy reserves to trigger the airbag. These are ensured by one or more condensers which are charged to 30 V ? 40 V by means of a cascade connection. The capacity of the condensersStudy 2 - A Test Procedure for Airbags

22 is enough to operate the evaluation and triggering electronics for 200-300 ms following an interruption to the power supply. They are charged during normal driving [SCA90, SCH92].
Reply to
DJC

dennis@home explained :

The airbag capacitors are cascade charged to 30 to 40 volts, so they can continue to be able to operate, if the 12v is lost during a crash.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That ought to only be active if the ignition if off?

BICBW

Reply to
Fredxx

;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Correction ^^

Reply to
Fredxx

Pot, kettle etc.

Reply to
Chris

You can't say what voltage or energy is needed when we still have no idea what the characteristics and requirements of the ignition device are. You keep pulling figures straight out of your arse mate.

Reply to
Chris

75g seems a *massive* charge weight for this applicaton. Old Huge must of been tripping when he quoted that load of old s**te.
Reply to
Chris

AH! Stop right there. I might have known you two fuckwits were working hand in glove with each other to spread disinformation here. you're both cut from the same cloth!

Reply to
Chris

The LEDS on my ford switched ELM are lit all the time when it's in a Mazda 323F. A bluetooth device can connect but it can't read codes.

Leaving it in is a good way to flatten the battery. With reduced voltage the power door locks operate and make sure the battery is pancaked.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Since you want to monitor under all conditions ... no. I have driven along with my son monitoring an Android tablet alongside me.

Reply to
Bob Eager

OK!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Historically you could have done what the hell you liked until the light became a testable item some 5 years ago iirc.

The testing station I use has a number of huge posters on the wall of the testing bay, kerb weights for calculation of brake efficiency is one, and one of them covers the warning light sequences for what must be hundreds of models of car. Clearly they are not part of the MOT testing handbook but they wouldn't just have them there to make the walls look pretty.

This is the 2018 edition

The Other Mike