Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rav4 Brakes
Hi Need to check and possibly fit new rear brake shoes on a 99 Rav4. Any one had any experience of this, and is it straightforward enough. Cheers in advance James

Polo taking a few turns to start?
My mum's Polo (95, 1.4 AEX, 100ish k) takes a few turns of the starter to kick up. Nothing excessive, but more than you'd expect, and once it's running, it runs fine. It's had a full service recently,...
15
15

changing oil
Have now decided to stop changing the engine oil myself (toyota corolla) and will pay for a garage to do it. I'm guessing that it's cheapest to let one of the big chains like quickfit do it, but do...
21
21

Removing front bumper
Hello I need to replace a cracked headlight on a Mazda 626 (year 2000) which appears to involve removing the front bumper. I assume this will be straight forward enough, but I am concerned about...
7
7

Noise when turning
MK4 golf 1.6 SE T reg Auto 65k Bit of a odd problem to describe. When steering left or right there is a noise not a grinding as such but a gentle whine which changes in tone the more I turn or change...
3
3

Quicksteel et al
Anyone have a recommendation for a metal repair paste that is properly petrol resistant? It's to repair a couple of float pin posts in a Mikuni carb. float chamber so it will be immersed in petrol all...
4
4

Ford Connect van oil pressure??
When starting from cold the oil pressure light takes a few seconds (more than it should?) to go out. Until it does go out (indicating that the oil pressure is OK) the engine sounds like a bag of...
5
5

Focus Gearbox Issue
Hello Peeps The gearbox on our Focus makes a whiring sound with the clutch pedal up, worse when cold, gear changes are fine and smooth apart from the very ocassional crunch going into reverse. Is this...
12
12

Peugeot Boxer van.
Anyone know if a brand new Peugeot Boxer van has headlights which adjust for driving on the right? The handbook says nothing on the subject. A mate has just bought a camper van and is off abroad with...
3
3

The Effectiveness of Sensors On Vehicles.
I worked in a factory where a system of small automatic trucks navigated themselves around the place, picking up stuff from the stores and delivering it where required. The staff were sceptical, but...
17
17

Lol, want a fuckwitted valuation on a car?
- sure you;ve seen the ads. To get the valuation, enter any old random shit into the contact box, as long as it seems good ie for email address, 999 for phone number. Values your car (or of course...
13
13

Parking sensors
I need to fit parking sensors on a honda accord. I'm going to buy a set that includes forward as well as reversing. Anyone tried the cheapo varieties on ebay? How do they stack up against the...
81
81

2001 polo hazard relay
My daughter has a 2001 polo. The hazard / indicator unit keeps ticking even when not in use. I suspect its the switch and have ordered one but it is located in the middle of the dashboard between two...
5
5

Sierra tyre wear/handling
Getting uneven front tyre wear (offside inner of tyre) and handling not as good as 3000 miles ago. Nothing serious and not pulling but have to concentrate more to keep it in centre of motorway lane....
4
4

Cheap tools heads up
Wickes are clearing out their car related gear by the looks of their website, and they have battery chargers, jacks and axle stands beign kicked out for a few quid a piece.
60
60