Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Catalogues ?
Who do you grab a a free catalogue from ? I got one from machine mart, just womndering if anyone knows anyone else offering one :) ... handy for killin time lol.
9
9

Fred must be worried...
Express article about proposed new tyre laws. Chris
57
57

Distributor contamination
Just out of interest, does anyone know what the substance is, that I can literally chip off the four lead contacts at each service ? Is it insulating in nature or conductive ? Andy

Audi A3 Squealing wheel/brakes
Any suggestion for the cause of this seen as my dealer claim they are unable to reproduce? Audi A3 (2003) - after about 10 minutes of driving one of the wheels starts to give a metalic squeeling sound...
4
4

Exchange turbo?
Oh, arse. The Saab seems to have become a two-smoke... It's smoking VERY heavily on idle, over-run and pull away - I reckon the oil seals have just died in the turbo. Anybody got good/bad experiences...
17
17

Old Fiesta heater problem
My son's girlfriend's Fiesta's heater isn't working. 'S' Reg bog-standard Fiesta. She discovered this, apparently, last Winter (she bought it in Summer). In other words, I don't think it's ever...
1
1

Nissan Micra. Is this a clutch problem?
Hi, I have a Micra with a manual gearbox. Recently when driving the car out of the garage and then pulling away I get this tinny vibration, a bit like something rubbing on a coil spring. This happens...
10
10

Xsara HI LP (Lift) Pump
The Lift Pump on my X Reg 90BHP Xsara isnt rnning. Do I need to bleed the fuel system after replacing it (or is this just for the HP side?) TIA
13
13

Peugeot 106d Ignition key stuck
Wondering if anyone can offer advice on a stuck ignition key in an '03 reg Peugeot 'Zen' (approx 106 equiv). 'Ignition' (it's a diesel!) switch became intermittently faulty, would sometimes not switch...
3
3

Seicento: How long do cats last?
Am attempting to replace exhaust system on 2001 Fiat Seicento. Has hole in both rear and intermediate sections. I believe it is the original system. The cat looks OK but should it be replaced at the...
7
7

Creamy stuff under oil cap
Astra 1.6, Y reg... Dipstick has clean oil, cap has very thick, light brown (almost tan) cream on it.... I'm told its water getting into the oil/head gasket blown or on its way out....Expensive to fix...
15
15

Jacking point
I want to jack up the entire front end of my car (Fiat Punto) and support it on axle stands. Where is the best place to locate the jack? Do I need to do each side individually, or can I lift the front...
2
2

Flat spot in rev range since new alternator fitted
Hi Last week I had to have a new alternator fitted (last one was overcharging - battery charge warning light came on above 2000rpm and had two sets of headlamp bulbs blow in a week). It may be a...

Primera flat battery
My Primera SLX 1998 battery keeps going flat - Halfords tested the battery and told me there is something using current even when switched off Anyone know the best way to troubleshoot this?
12
12

Spotted a cheap trolley jack for anyone after on
subject, spotted this advertised and thought someone in here might benefit from it. I bought one last year from halfords, the 2 tonn one which is decent enough for what I need it for.
11
11