MG ZS

Douglas Payne ( snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But the 400/45/ZS was actually damn good - when it first came out. A decade ago.

Reply to
Adrian

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The Phoenix Four most certainly did...

Quite.

Reply to
Adrian

Heh, are you going to argue that they are any good?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It's a future entry under the letter "S" in the file, followed by "crap".

Reply to
Steve Firth

And not that far in the future :-)

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Surely any car serviced in a UK dealer will generate money for the UK economy? Once the car is built (wherever that takes place) it still gets serviced in the UK. The profits of building the car may well go back to France (etc), but dealer commission, servicing etc will stay in the UK.

True, and that applies to the parts too. Take (for example) VW. Notionally German, but they build in the US, mexico, Brazil, China, Hungary, Spain, and doubtless elsewhere. Parts are sourced from all over the world, (take tyres- you might see one leave the factory on Continentals (notionally German), Firestones (Notionally Japanese?), or Michelin (notionally French) and, as you say, company ownership is global too.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

All said from the guy who drives an Alfa, what a joker...LOL

Reply to
John & Lisa

Eh? What did he say?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I had a punt in a ZS180 on a trackday recently, expecting fully to hate it. Okay - it's got a *very* dated interior and styling, but it was actually a bloody good drive - I'd put it up there as one of the best FWD cars I've ever driven. That's not light praise either - I've driven virtually everything on the market in anger on a track as part of my day-job, and it could certainly have taught a few lessons to some of the cars on the market that are renowned for their handling.

I'd have one myself if I could both guarantee being able to get bits for it, and it not being worth approximately 10p at trade-in time...

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Andy Tucker ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So buy a used one for 10p.

Reply to
Adrian

Have you worked out how much it's costing each year in depreciation?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which might matter if Rover had made a profit...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps you need to gets some facts together you dumb ass, before you contiue with your crap.

Reply to
John & Lisa

I'm not the one driving a chavved up Honda Civic / Dominai.....

British, my arse.

Reply to
SteveH

Depreciation? You have lost me there. You tell me then David... In Feb 2006, I paid £6400 for an 04 plated black ZS180 saloon with 16,000 miles. What value do you place on it right now (July 2006) with 20,000 miles on it?

John & Lisa

------------

Thanks you, from someone who knows from experience. I have tried to tell people like Steve H this before but he and others won't listen. Maybe they need to get out of their AlfaSuds and take a drive in a REAL fwd car... an MG ZS180 !!

Reply to
John & Lisa

*snort*

The Alfa Sud is the daddy of all hot hatches and wouldp run rings round your chavved Civic.

These days, I drive something with proper wheel drive.

Reply to
SteveH

Come back with that argument in Feb. next year. You can't judge depreciation over such a short timescale.

I bought my 75 TSpark for £600 3 years ago. Today, it's worth at least that.

Our 156 has lost only a few hundred in 15 months, too.

In a few years, your ZS will be worth f*ck all - 2001 models are down to about £3k.

Reply to
SteveH

An indication that you are very likely invloved in the drugs scene.

Reply to
John & Lisa

I think you have answered the question. I would imagine you have been enlightene when you checked the book value. That's right you plonker, I have made money !

Reply to
John & Lisa