MG ZS

I know the area too - I grew up in Dunstable and had family in Flamstead!

Reply to
cupra

Read my post half an hour before you posted your latest.

Reply to
John & Lisa

That's shifting a bit.

I had the 33 16v, 125 Spider and Cinq. Sporting when we lived there.

Surprisingly, he's not, actually.

Reply to
SteveH

No that is THE wrong answer LOL. You know my address as well as the raod name, so do the maths.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Vendor's name = Steve.H

Reply to
John & Lisa

With all due respect, a front-wheel-drive car can never aspire to be much more than a souped-up shopping basket on wheels. REAL cars are rwd or awd.

Reply to
Jeff York

Ah. Does this mean you're posting about a Golf and not an MG ZS?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Really? There's a 2004 model with just 4900 miles asking £6450, one with

26k on the clock asking £6250, and a shitload with similar or less miles, albeit 6-12 months older than yours, asking around £5-5.5k, so if you reckon you can sell yours at a profit, then I wish you the very best of luck.

BTW, you didn't happen to buy it off Syed off the Apprentice, did you?

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Or even a Civic? :-)

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

That's exactly what I was thinking. Anything with the name "St Albans" in the address attracts loony pricing.

"Hell" is a very apt word..... :-)

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I dunno, I've seen a fair few detached flats (or maisonettes, as you will) around here.

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

If you google for KV6 head gasket failure you get quite a lot of results back....

Reply to
SteveH

Stevie, listen to what you are told. KV6s don't suffer HGF unlike the 4 pot K-series. I am sure you will find one or two cases on Google, as you would with any engine.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Hmm.

A Quick Google.

From

================ IN the 75 and MG ZT, the KV6 has proved to be a strong and sporting power unit - only over-average fuel consumption denyng it genuine greatness, but the earlier, almost handbuilt versions that found themselves under the bonnet of the 800 suffered from nightmare reliability issues - mainly with their head gaskets.

Many of the early ones were replaced under warranty at around 50,000 miles - with reliability only improving during the later years.

================

So it looks like they may have sorted it out by now, but to say that KV6's never suffered HGF is just balderdash.

How many other flagship engines had to be completely replaced by 50,000 miles?

Reply to
PC Paul

Please don't my post correctly and then you won't have to misquote me. Try your same Google skills on Jaguar for a start.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Pardon?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If I could tell what you were talking about I might bother to respond.

Reply to
PC Paul

My KV6 threw a cambelt at 9000 miles, was replaced but I ran it to >80k miles after that and no problems.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp