MG ZS

But the difference is my car is £6400 worth NOT £600 you plonker..! I would rather not have an old rusty Alpha or Lancia thanks.

-- John GMails - The Caravan & Camping bit of the web

John & Lisa

No you haven't.

You'd just about maintained value based on *asking* prices. But we don't know what the actual selling prices are, so you can't really say.

If you look at ebay, it appears no-one wants them, as only one of around

10 or so up on there recently have actually sold.

The next 3 years are going to lose you more than all the depreciation on every car I've ever owned has cost me.

Reply to
SteveH

You can't even spell 'Alfa' so you're not really in a position to comment.

What's so good about owning £6400 worth of rapidly depreciating chav mobile on the drive? - I suppose you see your car as a status symbol or something.

I choose to drive cheap cars, because investments in my planned early retirement, holidays, and paying off the mortgage within the next couple of years are vastly more important than being able to say I have a chav mobile on the drive.

Reply to
SteveH

Yeah, my dealer drives a Sud.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You are really as dumb as I thought you were, A few minutes ago YOU wrote, and I quote...

*You'd just about maintained value based on asking prices*

No, it is more likely beacuse eyou can't afford a nice car, so you resort in buying tat intercepted from the scrappers. At least you are environmetally friendly, in the context of saving scrap. I tell you what, you have some b*llocks to talk about other people and what they drive. I think you should shut up whilst you are losing.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Yes, see the words 'based on asking prices' - that's not what the car is worth, it's what's being asked. Given that most don't appear to be selling, the actual value is rather less than the asking price.

Oh dear, how little you know. There's a big difference between 'can't afford' and 'chosing not to blow money on depreciating assets'.

I drive a proper, RWD car. You drive a chavved up Honda Civic.

Reply to
SteveH

Erm... Passat?

Anyway the ZS is one of the many fine handling front drivers that with the correct engine choice would leave your "proper, RWD car" trailing.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Reply to
SteveH

Steve H said....

You have driven some pretty horrendous pieces of scrap though eh Steve?

In case you didn't realise a Passat is also a FWD car you plonker.

If you weren't affraid of the car being an old banger, you would try to hide the fact by putting a a cheap private plate on your Alfa 75.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Steve, I know more than you think. It is YOU that drives a 'poor man's Ducatti' and those are YOUR words not mine.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Steve, I don't live in a terraced property worth less than £100,000.... YOU do..! But the big question is, why if you are into appreciating assests as you say, have you bought such a low value, not very sought after property as you have? Don't be such a fool man, it is obvious why you drive a £600 car, and its to do with the fact you can't afford anything different. Now switch off for the day as I said.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Do I?

I'd love to know how you worked that one out. Because you're quite a long way from the mark there.

You tell me, as you appear to think I live somewhere I don't.

Yup, that's right. I'm a minimum wage slave living in a cheap terraced house and I drive cheap cars because I can't afford anything else.

It looks like you've found me out. Damn.

But, heh, at least I'm not a weekend pikey.

Reply to
SteveH

I tow a £600,000 caravan with my MG BGT ZZ1100R Estate. And my dad is bigger than your dad.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

As you asked I will. Do you not live here then...

12 The Dell, Pickford Road Markyate St. Albans Herts. AL3 8RZ
Reply to
John & Lisa

And doesn't that tell you something given its original list price? Massive depreciation - which will keep on going.

I don't place any value on it as I wouldn't want one. I have a colleague at work who has one, and his taste tells me they are to be avoided. The interior looks like some first year design student's reject work after a severe hangover.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you say so.

How about you pop over to say hello?

Reply to
SteveH

That's the one then.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Come on, then. Are you popping in for a cuppa?

Let me know, so I can drive the 200-odd miles to get there in time.

Reply to
SteveH

Steve H quote....

"Thanks for the info, but I have already tried replacing the 20A fuse with a

30A - I think it's probably a burnt-out motor, as it started squeaking for a few days before it blew last time".

Talking about junk Italian Alfa tat.

I have had not one electrical problem on my ZS180.

Reply to
John & Lisa

Oooh, look, you can use google groups.

I'd say that once the Rover Civic Ripspeed is 15 years old a blown fuse will be the least of your problems.

Reply to
SteveH