And after the first week, I like it.

i know! lol to be honest when the alarm messed about i got round it by locking it with the key cos my only thought was 'sounds expensive' and i never even thought bout recasing the aging alarm fob D'oh! still i'm loving the lil mini so i don't miss the BM all that much, miss the straight line speed but i love the way the mini hugs the bends and roundabouts. plus an overtake after a roundabout is normally still possible in the mini if you carry enough speed into the roundabout, probably kill myself in the 328 if i tried some mini style entry speeds lol

Reply to
Vamp

Got that one sorted too ;-)

Latest mod is some stainless rear turret reinforcements - apparently they are a bit weedy when you start to enjoy yourself too much, and the strut mounting bolts pull through the steel.

£20+ each side from BMW, or a bloke on e36coupe.com laser cuts them from 4mm stainless steel at £10/pair. Hmm. Decisions decisions.

I know I probably won't need the extra strength but I'd rather spend 10 minutes and £10 now than £ getting new strut mounts welded in...

Reply to
PCPaul