And after the first week, I like it.

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Indeed. He knew damn well it wouldn't pass another.

He must have been like a dog with two tails as you drove off, Carl.

Reply to
Adrian

Oh if I go for it, I want full refund. Sale of goods act applies. Car isn't fit for purpose, and isn't of merchantable quality (what I consider safety issues, and the paint chips which were supposed to be fixed before I collected). They didn't mention they didn't have time until I had sat at the desk, handed them the keys/information for the Saab and signed the V5C over and signed the trade in papers. He calmly said, "BTW, we haven't had chance to sort the paint, we will make you an appointment". Then he went and got car, handed me the keys, shook my hand said bye and buggered of inside.

Reply to
Elder

You should go somewhere less pikey.

Reply to
Elder

I don't beleive you anymore. You're in cahoots with SteveH and the pair of you are engineering this over MSN.

Reply to
DanB

I'm a bit tall, and very porker. Close enough.

106kilos.

And no, that isn't why the IS is sluggish.

Reply to
Elder

8^D
Reply to
PCPaul

I got 255 on £45

Reply to
Elder

I'm happy with this one apart from the fault. If I get rid it will be based on opinion of those who on here who know better. Not because I've strictly changed my mind.

Reply to
Elder

I really wish I was.

Reply to
Elder

Ok... enough bitching.

Have you contacted the fuckfaces concerned yet regarding the issues with the car?

If not, why not?

Reply to
JackH

I finished the last of those yesterday... thank f*ck. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

600 miles on 80 quid, without driving like a nun, and powerslides on demand. And mines an auto.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yes I have, called them last Thursday, apparently they are really busy in the workshop, and the earliest they could get me in was this Thursday.

I'm seriously thinking not to even give them the chance, because I know they won't find the fault, never mind the cure in the couple of hours that they will have it. They told me they would sort two problems before handover, told me they had done one, and had done neither.

Enough reason to reject it.

Reply to
Elder

buggeration.

Reply to
Elder

Vorsprung durch not-an-audi...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Chin up dude, it'll work out :-)

Reply to
DanB

175 miles on 24 quid. Without driving like a nun, but too much of a girly wuss to do powerslides.

Need bigger tank.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Riiiiiight.

Anybody want odds on them not even being there this Thursday?

Reply to
Adrian

Indeed... and the longer he has it and the more miles he racks up on it, the weaker the case is to reject it on the grounds of not being fit to the purpose.

I'd dump the bloody thing back at their premises and demand a courtesy car on the grounds that the various problems add up to something potentially dangerous.

And if they've not got a courtesy car, hire something and charge it to them.

Reply to
JackH

"JackH" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

WITHOUT telling 'em in advance that you're coming.

Reply to
Adrian