And after the first week, I like it.

Likewise.

Reply to
Elder

The money is coming from Alison's mums ordinary deposit account which pays shit all interest and you get taxed on becauase it was over and above there isa allowance.

It is going to be paid into either mine or alison's ISA from Alison's wages because I pay the bills and she does the major purchasing/saving/day to day shopping from her wages. The ISA pays a considerable ammount more interest than the ordinary savings account, or Alison's current account, and isn't having income tax removed.

Reply to
Elder

That'd be "a garage" then :-)

Reply to
Clive George

LOL... strangely enough, the place I got the Passat dealt with the two issues I had with that, and the one issue with the Fabia vRS my mate got from them, without any problems really.

Bit slow to book it in if you need a courtesy car, but otherwise pretty much what you'd hope to see service wise in this respect. :-)

Reply to
JackH

Also

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

'All those in favour... say AYE!'

Reply to
JackH

None taken. :-D

I know if I get stuck in down the gym regularly like I did last year, it all turns into muscle... not a bad thing when you're 6'3" and built like a brick shithouse. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Yeah, same thoughts here!!

Reply to
Mike P

Now Now. I'm from Sussex originally but moved to the Yorkshire dales in '88, never looked back! Nicest people in the world!

Reply to
john

Except for all the others.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My Renault garage was ace, unfortunately however I owned the car for 4 months-ish, drove is for 2 months-ish and sold it taking a £2k depreciation hit :-D Could've probably held out for more I guess, but the guy had cash and well, it was close enough :-)

Reply to
DanB

my 328 new block and pistons springs to mind...

Reply to
Vamp

sounds dumb but you checked the wheel nuts?

Reply to
Vamp

There's plenty of nice people in the village where I live, but that's probably cos they're like, mainly old :-) Which is good, because 65+ year old people don't tend to do stuff like, get drunk and kick your wing mirrors off and stuff hehe! It's also good because if you're a complete moron and leave your laptop on your passenger seat, with the car not only unlocked and parked on the road, but with the passenger door not actually shut properly as well, for 2 days, and most of your wordly positions are also on the back seat as you've just driven home from Uni, if you're me basically, you don't get all your stuff nicked :-)

Mind you, if I were to move 10-12 miles away to Bridlington, there are many places where I wouldn't want to park on the road/my drive. Garage or nothing.

Reply to
DanB

LMFAO!

Reply to
Vamp

I haven't, but why would it go off later at the same speed as it vibrated.

Reply to
Elder

the good and the bad reviews I've read, the good ones could have been planted by staff, as much as the bad ones planted by rivals.

Reply to
Elder

That's true. I can find good and bad about them, but same could be said for other dealers I've read reviews of. One the rare occasions I've had to deal with them, I automatically presume they're trying to shaft me and I'm usually safe.

Reply to
Mike P

Yeah, but as long as they chucked in that good old deal-clincher, mats and flaps, we'd all sleep easy.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Aww thanks everyone that sent one of these 7 finger crossings :-)

Can we all hug?

Reply to
DanB