105bhp/l (N.A.)
Reply to
Homer

52.5 BHP / Litre 63.5 Ft-Lbs / Litre

92.5 BHP / Litre

92.0 Ft-Lbs / Litre

64.0 BHP / Litre

70.0 Ft-Lbs / Litre

And errm, about 20ish bhp/litre, no idea what the torque is.

Reply to
Steve Firth

bhp/l : 74

lbft/l : 74

mpg : 23

Alistair J Murray

Skoda Octavia 1.6:

74kW / 99.234 bhp

145 Nm / 106.946 lb ft

so per litre:

62.02 bhp

66.84 lb ft

35 mpg all in.
Reply to
conkersack

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bob Sherunckle" saying something like:

Not quite...

Transit diesel 37.5 bhp/l (to be improved upon)

30mpg everywhere.

ShiteOldScim 50bhp/l

20 - 30 mpg.

ShiteOldCarina diesel 37.5bhp/l

45mpg everywhere.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

bhp/l - 55 ft-lb/l - 60 mpg - 30ish

Pretty rubbish really!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs
51 bhp/l 76 lbft/l

45-50ish mpg

I'm surprised at how good that appears to be..

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

11 litres, 420BHP, 1863 lb/ft torque from 900RPM and 9MPG.
Reply to
Conor

74bhp / litre. Can't be arsed looking up the torque.

Average mpg - 27.

Reply to
SteveH

137 foot pounds, innit, so 68.5 - perfectly respectable!
Reply to
DervMan

This is one of those "depress Dervy" threads, isn't it?

Well, okay, erm, naturally aspirated 1.8 producing 74.4 bhp / litre, 71.7 foot pounds per litre and she's averaged just over 35 to the gallon.

Actually those figures are not as bad as I suspected. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I thought yours was standard? If so it'll be 68.8 for both (110 bhp, 110 foot pounds)...

Reply to
DervMan

According to the data in my Datasheet and only looking at 2006 cars, the Astra VXR has the highest bhp/l figure with 118.5. It also manages 118 ft-lbs per litre too.

The three cylinder donk with the highest bhp per litre is the Smart roadster.

The naturally aspirated donk with the highest bhp/l figure in the datasheet is (drum roll) showing as the Honda S2000. The most powerful turbocharged engine is showing as the RX-8 oddly enough. :)

Finally, using the sum of the output figures, the diesel with the lowest output is the old Sierra 2.3d (total of 73.9) and the petrol equivalent is the '94 Mini 1.3 (89.2).

Did I mention after I had my accident I was pretty bored and spent some time updating my Datasheet? :-)

Reply to
DervMan

is that just normal cars then or including the loony types like the FQ400 and the like?

Reply to
dojj

Couldn't remember the figures, gueesed :-) I apologise for my 3bhp discrepency. Of course, that's probably just the difference between a cold day and warm day....

Reply to
DanTXD

You should include Evo's and Imprezas.

Turbo charged RX-8 eh - nice :)

Surely, the Ka 1.3 at 59bhp is lower than the mini...?

:-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I suspect if I didn't drive like a tosser I'd see 40mpg out of mine. Still,

23mpg (actually showing 21 at the moment...) is far more fun :-D
Reply to
DanTXD

But you have to scream the nuts off it to get there.

Reply to
Conor

no!!! really?! you shold have said something :)

Reply to
dojj