bhp/l

">> Still, 220 ft-lb/l ain't bad (if it's still a 2.0). It's more than Conor's

Ye still a 2.0 Litre no screaming of nuts here ;-) when the T4 comes in at

3500rpm it's like beening hit by a train, not many people can live with the lag but I love it when it comes in. and 355 owners don't! But thats another story.
Reply to
Richard Brant

Your truck has better economy than my old XJ12 Jag. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston
[...]

I get ~23mpg from my 4.6l ALPINA and I'm not a big fan of part throttle or short shifting... 8)

Alistair J Murray

In news:1rfWf.38015$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net, DervMan wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Not when you realise they're better than my 911.

Reply to
Pete M

LOL, that's bad.

Reply to
Conor

200SX hatchback (S13) 1991 1.8L 169bhp @ 6400, 166ft-lb @ 4000

93.88 bhp/L

92.22 ft-lb/L

26.30 mpg average over last 7886 miles. (can get 35mpg on 400mile full tank runs at steady 70mph on M-way - following a 1.3 Escort ZZZZzzzzzz)

Pie in the sky time, one day the exhaust will do the decent thing and fall off to make me do it. Been waiting for my stock exhaust to fall off for 6 years now, it's lost both mid and rear box heat shields + 2 mounts and gained a jubilee clip but it keeps passing MOT. This being a mods group it's high time I stuck a Blue Flame exhaust, inlet kit, fmic, fuel pump, T28, boost control valve at 1bar, plugs and stage 2 chip on it and took it to 230bhp @ 6800 / 230ft-lb @ 5000 (looking at others dyno graphs).

Then it would be 127 bhp/L and 127 ft-lb/L. and will give better mpg by all accounts.

but the good ones make much more

the wheels. So around 300bhp/L & 240ft-lb/L. He only uses it forsprints, hill climbs and track days, on a lower 4.6 diff (3.916stock). If you ever saw a case for sequential turbos that's it. Adinky T2 would do nicely, would give gains over stock from 2K rpm andmove that monster hill of torque about 500rpm to the left as it wouldspool the big 'un earlier.-- Peter Hill Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Reply to
Peter Hill

are you going to share?

Peter Hill

So whats my prize then ?! :p

Reply to
Ed

Have a new bonnet badge, specially made for bonkers Nissans.

Peter Hill Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Reply to
Peter Hill

Oh wonderful thanks hahaha.

Reply to
Ed

Merc 300TE

Bhp/l: 70 mpg: (look away now) 20

Rover 416si

Bph/p: 69 mpg: 35

So why do I drive the Merc everywhere?

David

Reply to
David Lane

Pah output per litre isn't all that relevant. Output per mass is more useful! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Everything... everything flagged as 2006 at least.

Reply to
DervMan

Ya. Oh yes. I had to reformat chunks of it to fit everything in. Now up to 3,200 vehicles... with even more data... but it's not yet finished.

Reply to
DervMan

It does, if they are flagged to 2006.

Aren't they both?

The Mini has less power and torque.

Reply to
DervMan

I see high 30s with short shifting, low 30s without. :)

Reply to
DervMan

No, they're both NA aren't they? With the faster one having more ports or something?

Reply to
DanTXD

Pah weany little turbocharger if it is, then!

Reply to
DervMan

Richard KP explained the difference not long ago. He has the slower one, and explained some technical stuff about ports and stuff.

Reply to
DanTXD

On a decent run, if I'm not driving like a c*ck, I see the old man side of

40mpg. Usually see around high 30s on a good run tho.
Reply to
DanTXD