bhp/l

Ok with the talk in the earlier thread about bhp/l what's your daily driver putting out:

Bhp/l - 90 ft-lb/l - 157

and just for the hell of it average mpg - 55

Reply to
Depresion

In news:FN3Wf.24690$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net, Depresion wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

The Renault is managing a meagre 68.6 bhp/l, and a pretty woeful 68 lb-ft/l The 911 manages 72 bhp/l, and 62 lb-ft/l

Um, 26 round town, about 30 elsewhere for the Safrane, anywhere between 15 and 25 for the 911.

Reply to
Pete M

Astra 1.4 LSi

Bhp - 70 ft-lb/l - God Knows Mpg - 40

Cosworth 3 Door

Bhp - 472 fy-lb/l - 440 Mpg - 8 (you can't drive it economically)

Reply to
Richard Brant

Bhp/l - 197 ft-lb/l - 174 mpg - 30 *

  • well, technically, but I haven't measured it for a while - probably a little lower due to my enthusiastic driving :)
Reply to
Bigus

Oh goody - I think I'll lose this one comprehensively.

47.44 bhp/litre 78 lb/ft /litre

For ye olde Audi TDI.

That's buggered up the plans for the locost though. I'll need to chuck out the zetec and fit a hayabusa to balance things out.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Kinda lame -

Bhp/l - 72 ft-lb/l - 72ish

MPG average on paper, 40mpg, MPG average with me driving solely round Lincoln, 23 :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Capri doing about 55BHP/l and 32 MPG.

Reply to
Conor

Legacy puts out about 280Bhp, god knows on the torque and does about 20mpg Metro is about 60bhp and about 35mpg Volvo 740 is about 120bhp and about 25mpg (I think)

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Passat Sport 20v T

standard:

bhp/l - 83 ft-lb/l - 86 mpg - 31/32

currently:

bhp/l - 118 ft-lb/l - god knows mpg - 33/34

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

And 45mpg all day every day - driving it like you've stolen it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

87.5
102
27
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

what are you driving?!?!?!?!?!

195 horse 203 lb/ft from 2.9 litres and 13.9 mpg
Reply to
dojj

How about your wagon?

Reply to
Abo

So as per the question (per litre engine capacity) then.

67.25bhp/l 70 ftlb/l and 13.0mpg then ;)
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Peugeot 306:

Bhp/l - 47.36 ft-lb/l - 76.47

mpg - 55

Zafira:

Bhp/l - 100 ft-lb/l - 92.2

mpg - trip computer currently shows 24.0 mpg...

Reply to
Abo

That mpg wouldn't have surprised me if it was 'full litrage' My old turbo8 used to make 18mpg if driven hard!

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

Nissan Micra TURBO hehe

Bhp/l - 237

average mpg 28.

Reply to
Ed

Nah, that is for Dojj performance per litre, but real MPG. Same as mine above.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

thats about right then :) very inefficent, can't see how that engine ever got past the bookkeeppers at ford :)

Reply to
dojj

not sure mine's right then.. I pulled teh figure from here:

"174 ft·lbf torque" it says whatever the fonk that means.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus