bhp/l

I see it sunk in then! ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Aye which is either pretty good or pretty poor, depending on your perspective of course. :-p

This one returns high 30s if I stick to the speed limit on a long run (like, London and back) or on my commute. I can't see her recording more than 40 unless I stick to the truckers' speed for mile after mile after mile... never stop... have the tyres up at 45 PSI... you get the idea...

Reply to
DervMan

220bhp 740 kg :)
Reply to
Ed
[snip]

Heh.

136 bhp. Something over 1,300 kg I'm sure of it. Maybe nearly 1,500 kg with me in it. :-(
Reply to
DervMan
27 mpg and a bit too with 26 mpg a bit on the return run over a 65 mile stretch of motorway and 2 miles worth of normal 30 mph roads apart from the cockend in the Audi who decided he was going to cut me up and not give a shit about which lane he was in who then got the hump with me overtaking him when we pulled out at the end of the road who then bumped into the back of me I stopped at the roundabout (tow bar anyone :) ) who then nearly had an accident on the roundabout as he tried to follow me out who then overtook me on said roundabout and then pulled over and then sat there looking like the thick lump of shit he was and then, when I drove past him, nearly collected the cars coming up behind me I think he actually did collect one of the cars behind me because for the next mile I saw nothing of him and there was no way he would have pulled in because I would have seen him and there was no way he would have been able to turn around because I would have seen him

I had had a perfectly normal trip back along the motorway doing a not so steady 80-85 on the way home and this just made everything seem so pointless as he cut me up at the lights

I was trying to beat my 27 and a bit mpg on the way home :(

Reply to
dojj

At least it has some kind of impact protection..

Reply to
Ed

It probably would if I GAF either way :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

The one time I've done that, was driving from home to Leeds and I got 48mpg :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Pah, Kermy would break 50 without problem and had a high point of 58.

And that was two up.

Reply to
DervMan

Very true. And besides, it has more power and slightly less weight than the Mondeo TDCi I was looking at...

Reply to
DervMan

They're jolly clever little engines.

And I love the RX-8.

Wish Mazda or Ford sold the RX-8d though... they're thirsty... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Hmmm - rotary diesel - could it be done? Doubt the compression could be made high enough - would solve the apex lube problem though I bet.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Sounds about right. Was it as noisy at 50 mph was people say? It must have been scary doing 58 mph in a teapot.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Rolls-Royce made 4 a long long time ago.

rotor, 2 stage. 1st rotor sucked air and pumped into the 2nd stagerotor which gave sufficient overall compresion for Diesel operation.But any supercharger would have done same job. R-R engines R1, R2, R3 and R4 specs near bottom of page.
Peter Hill Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Reply to
Peter Hill

Mine probably would, but I don't have the patience or self control to acheive it :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Cruise control and a good book.

Reply to
DervMan

I, as you well know, don't have cruise :) And I still very much doubt I'd sit at some slow speed for more than about 10 seconds anyway :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Aie I know, but that's how *I* do it.

Impossible without.

Well, difficult.

Cruise also works at higher speeds though... :)

Reply to
DervMan
[...]

Best I've ever had is 26.1mpg Zeebrugge - Hamburg at a 75-110mph cruise apart from crawling past Antwerp.

The 142mph average Hamburg - Denmark @ ~17mpg pulled the average for the trip down quite a bit. :)

The second tankful I ever put in the car was dispatched at 14.8mpg hooning around East Lothian field boundaries - short straights linking tight corners - at >0.5G in at least one direction... 8D

Alistair J Murray

Even so, I'd still consider that pretty damn good for that sort of average speed.

Reply to
AstraVanMan