Noisy transmission - design fault????

Noisy transmission? Nothing at all to do with the fact that it's been chipped to 500bhp of course (though I'd take that figure with a dash of vinegar).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

it's been done I've got the write up on it power to 550 bhp, but the launch suffers what do you expect when you've got 56 mph in first gear capabilities :) but in gear times are truly monstrous, beating hands down ANY car that the mag had tested before all the way from 140 - 160 mph acceleration :)

the gearbox has a design fault in that the bellhousing can't cope with the power being produced and consequently cracks along one of the inner bolt holes it's not an easy repair but it's been done several times before needs to be done professionally though and it costs a few quid, but they don't make bellhousings for it anymore so you are stuffed if you want one

very nice car by all means, I wouldn't say no if I had the money more were built that the 950 he says though, official figures said there were 1440 rhd versions alone :)

and it IS a lotus omega isn't it :)

Reply to
dojj

Agreed. Probably my favourite saloon actually.

I could just about afford one as my next car - but I daren't. Maintaining one is *LOONATIC* money - front brake discs are £1000 and stuff !

Reply to
Nom

You can pick them up for £700 if you look hard enough :)

-- Chet

Chet

Bargain :)

Reply to