Latest threads in Nissan Altimashow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nissan Altima Headlight & Tail Light Bulbs Replacement Guides
I just replaced a low beam headlight bulb in a 4th generation Altima and took pictures of the process to create a quick guide to help out others. It wasn't as straight forward as replacing a bulb on a...

Nissan Altima Front Brake Pads Replacement Guide With Pictures
The front brake pads can last anywhere from 30 to over 75k miles depending on your driving style and the local climate. For new pads, I'd recommend the Wearever ceramic pads from Advance Auto Parts...

2007-2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S Engine Oil Change & Filter Replacement Guide
I just changed the motor oil and replaced the filter in our 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. I took pictures of the process and created a quick guide to help other owners who'd like to do this procedure...

Mistakes not to make, Altima lower timing chain cover oil channel 1995 Altima
1995 Altima I've recently replaced the lower timing chain cover oil channel seal as it had been leaking. Somewhere on the web I read that it might be a little easier during re-assembly to remove the...
5
5

2000 NIssan Altima Key
I have a 2000 NIssan Altima and wanted to get an extra key made. The dealership wants to charge $90 to give a new key as there is some electronic code that needs to be programmed. Has anyone found a...
1
1

'95 Altima air conditioning not cutting out any more
The air conditioning would cut out on hot days. I made a guess and paid to have the system evacuated and recharged. Still cut out. Today I may have found the problem. There was a throttle rheostat,...
7
7

Battery question for 2009 Altima
I had an experience where the battery in my Altima failed, and while in the process of determining whether the battery is just had it, or whether there is a load on the thing, the mechanic put an...
9
9

98 water pump replacement.
havent removed the shourd yet to inspect weeep hole in water pump. usually in mornings have a ounce of coolant on the driveway. not a bad leak yet/ from the manual they say remove alternator and right...
2
2

'95 Altima exterior windshield vent trim removal?
Trying to remove the vent plastic abutting the windshield. I removed the wipers and reached for a metric hex key for the apparently hex screws. None fit. None of my torx drivers fit. I then tried a...
2
2

1997 altima knock sensor
I'm getting a knock sensor code when scanning. No other codes and the car runs fine. I found the location of the part but I don't think I'll be able to remove it without major work that I don't want...

Shoulder belt lockup
When I accelerate from 30 to 50 as fast as possible, the driver's shoulder belt locks up, and stays locked till I slow down to near a stop. What would cause that, and how hard is it to fix?

North America Nissan Altima production HALTED due to Hitachi
From AB Hitachi Automotive supplies engine control units to Nissan. Further up the chain, an unnamed supplier hasn't been able to fulfill Hitachi's need for a custom integrated circuit, so Hitachi...

Altima 2001 Directional Signals
When turning on directional signal (either right or left) it goes on, most of the time, but for a few clicks then stops. Obviously something is wrong so would like knowledgeable person to say what's...
1
1

2005 Altima - Check Engine Light
Hi I'm sorry if this question was asked already, but My son bought a 2005 Altima recently and shortly afterward the check engine light came on and stays on. He said it also has hard start as if fuel...
4
4

Speed vs Sonata
If an Altima and a Sonata go off a cliff, which will go from 0 to 60 faster, and which will reach the highest top speed?