can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire

Congrats! I'm curious. What kind of oil and filter do you use and what anti-freeze?

CD

Reply to
Codifus
130k, white, automatic, all powder. condition is good.

Is $1500 too much to put for sale?

Thanks

Reply to
nc24

"noneyabusiness" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Buggy21

Does anyone have a link or walk thru of removing the door panels? I recently bought the car and am going to be replacing the head unit and speakers. I've found a walk thru of getting out the head unit, but cant seem to find any diagrams for door panels. Can any of you folks help me out? Thanks!

Jared

Reply to
JaredFoster80

COuld be. Normally I hear the whoosh sound when opening an empty tank that was last opened when completely filling it up. If I refill with less of a change in the tank, i.e I used a quarter of a tank, I won't hear the whoosh sound.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

every morning on my first start i get a fairly strong smell of gasoline apparent in and outside of the car. i don't know if this is due to the morning (though the temperature hasn't changed drastically recently, it has waivered between warm and cool) start or it just being the first start in 10 or so hours. i don't recognize the smell after starting it after the car sitting for 8 hours at work, however. any opinions? thanks in advance - this group and its archives are nearly invaluable to me.

Jack

Reply to
butler.jack

Thanks you all for the responses..Since I am a newbie, I tried to find the procedure to clean throttle body based on Steve's post but the procedure on motorvate.ca illustrates it for a VG30DE engine (I think). So I put it off until I found the procedure for a VG30E engine for my GXE.

However, I tried diagnosing the problem using Chiltons. First, I tried the ECU codes. In Mode III the ECU code read 0505 indicating no problem. Then I tried the Mode 1 test to rule out the Exhaust Sensor; again no problem there. I was going to try the Air Flow meter test next, but the Idling got pretty wild yesterday, so I had no choice but rush it to a mechanic. I was ready to shell out the big $$. The mechanic turned out to be very honest. He diagnosed the problem within a couple of minutes. It turned out to be a bad wire into the distributor!! I think the wire between the ignition coil and the distributor. He replaced it and problem was solved!!

never expected this problem to be caused by a bad wire!..Anyway, thanks guys for all your support..

Sunny

Reply to
rusa77

OK... glad you got it fixed!

Professor See the latest automotive product at

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

think).

within

Reply to
Professor

I'm assuming you mean power, not powder.

Not at all. That's more than fair. There are several sites online that will tell you the approximate value of the car. Do a search for Kelley Blue Book. Edmunds.com has the same feature.

And, BTW, it's not really that "old". My '91 has about 180K on it, and runs really well.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

How well does it run on gas mileage? it is about 21 for my max 91.

yeah, it is a smooth ride for max 91.

Reply to
SmithChart

Hey,

I had 2 re-manned half-shafts installed on my '91 SE about a week ago. Since then, I have noticed several new "features" that the car didn't have for the last 130K that I've owned it. I also got an alignment at the same time. The tires are in pretty good shape, although they do have some extra wear on the inside tread (was toeing out).

  1. When making a sweeping right turn around a bend, at speeds above about
40 mph, if I touch the gas, the car pulls decidedly to the right. I can take my foot off the gas, and the pull stops, but will repeat if I then gas it again. I'm not talking a major floor stomp by any means, just a light press, and it happens. It feels like some major over-steer. I can feel the back-end starting to come out. The steering wheel actually wants to turn that direction. I was told that re-manned half-shafts may be weaker than OEM, thus more susceptible to torque steer.

  1. #1 does not appear to happen on sweeping left hand turns. I've tested this many times over the last week or so.

  2. When the car up-shifts, usually from 2nd to 3rd, I feel the front end kind of oscillate. I get a slight pull to the right, then left, then right, then left, etc. This lasts for about 2-3 seconds or so, then stops. It alsmost feels like the drive wheel is switching back and forth.

  1. I also get this front-end oscillation occasionally while driving straight. It feels like I can tell which wheel is "driving" the car.

I am very good about maintaining the tranny on this car. I get the fluids changed about every 18K miles or so. I'm beginning to regret having the half-shafts done. My old CV joints only made a slight noise while turning left. :-(

Any info would be appreciated.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

179,490 miles
Reply to
Bill G

You have a fuel hose connection leaking that seals up once the engine gets some temp in it. It's comon for them to leak like this, get it fixed..

Reply to
Steve T

Definitely do the tranny fluid. Also, check the plugs. They may or may not need changing, but since they are so inexpensive, just do them.

Radiator fluid is probably fine. Check the color and make sure it's a good, healthy, unnatural, irridescent green.

Also check your brake and power steering fluids. May need a slight topping off. Don't overfill the brake fluid, or you'll have too much when you put new brake pads on later (and check those too).

Bill G

Reply to
Bill G

I don't have any experience with these filters, but if NissTech is buying beers, I'll jump on the bandwagon!

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

I had drove so many cars before.......but it seems like my Nissan maxima

1992 is moving very slow at the reading it shows.....when am doing 100KM/H on the Highway i think am moving around 80K........and the piont is so many cars are passing me.......not that they driving fast just that i think my car is moving slow at the speed reading its showing.....can anyone be of any help to me
Reply to
sherbin Joseph via CarKB.com

I think my car is buring a lot of Gas.....From a full thank of gas (supreme) i got 308 miles......is that reasonable for maxima 1992 v6

Reply to
sherbin Joseph via CarKB.com

Just started a thousand or so miles ago. Gear whine, even with clutch disengaged. Disappears when you shift out of first or second.

Anyone have experience with this?

Reply to
bud smith

so whats wrong with the K&N filter? i did research before buying it and most things I found on it said it will SIGHTLY increase gas mileage and also not need to be changed as often. it's a regular drop in filter (still in the factory air box) also, there are no advantages to synthetic oil? if there isn't I'm not gonna pay the extra for it. also, is there anythign else I should look at around 32k or so on my car? (fluids, breaks, plugs, ext.) thanks

Reply to
Nick

What kind of driving? Stop-n-go? highway? Do you let it sit there idling while you run into the Starbucks?

If this is stop-n-go driving, 300 miles on a tank is actually pretty good. If its all highway driving, you might be due for a tune-up.

Reply to
E. Meyer

engine gets

fixed..