OT: Scumbags Leave On Vacation

Here's the country we're supposedly "helping":

BAGHDAD (AP) - Iraq's parliament on Monday shrugged off U.S. criticism and adjourned for a month, as key lawmakers declared there was no point waiting any longer for the prime minister to deliver Washington-demanded benchmark legislation for their vote.

Speaker Mahmoud al-Mashhadani closed the final three-hour session without a quorum present and declared lawmakers would not reconvene until Sept. 4. That date is just 11 days before the top U.S. military and political officials in Iraq must report to Congress on American progress in taming violence and organizing conditions for sectarian reconciliation.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't see how this makes them scumbags. Even US Congressmen and Congresswomen take breaks. And so do Senators.

And they were elected by the people of Iraq, not the US.

If they need a break, let them have it.

It's not our decision.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Soldiers are not dying in Washington DC while our legislators sip cocktails on a beach somewhere.

Did you know this?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah. Our soldiers are dying in Iraq. Yet US legislators go on vacation, too.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I can see you don't support our troops. You must be very young, or very stupid.

Tomorrow, it's expected to be 118 degrees Fahrenheit in Baghdad. If our soldiers can't leave, nobody leaves.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I say we make that a condition for our continuance there.

"You guys are leaving? Hey, whatya' know. So are we!"

Reply to
witfal

Yep. Now, teach that to Jeff, who doesn't support our troops. I know where he got THAT trait from - the scumbag in chief:

JoeSpareBedroom

In message news:4ktri.1102$BQ.1031@trnddc03, Jeff sprach forth the following:

It shouldn't be our money or our soldiers.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

What is making you so excited, Joe? By my reckoning, only about 100 GIs, at the present rate, will come home immediately ....in boxes....and another

300 or 400 will leave a part of themselves in Iraq and come home by air and go directly to an Army hospital, where they'll be fixed up (almost) as good as new. So what's your beef? Our own legislators are likely doing the same things as the Iraqi legislators, taking some sun and fresh air and girding their loins against the autumn, when they'll once again be planting their asses in air-conditioned comfort and figuring out ways to keep the home folks happy, and our servicemen occupied by the business at hand, and most important of all, keep their own jobs .......and it was ever thus.
Reply to
mack

Actually, I do support our troops.

But that doesn't mean keeping the legislators in the capital will help them.

Neither, actually.

I don't remember them being invited.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You're OK with our troops being used as security guards. I see.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You don't see very well.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Sure I do, Jeff. You're fine with legislators leaving, while our troops put up with being shot at in 118 heat. You just said you were fine with that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No, the two are not related.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Fuck the Iraqis! They can damn-well stay on the job until they get their collective heads pulled out of their asses, and start learning to deal with their problems.

It's our troops that are dying, and their deaths aren't so some idiot Iraqi legislator can visit the Adriatic for a vacation.

Reply to
witfal

Around 3000 of our troop have died, in Iraq to date, fighting for the right of those in this NG to say the things they do. . That is nearly half as many as the total number of teenagers that die in automobile accidents in the US every year, who will never have the chance of fighting for the right of those in this NG to say the things they do.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And I am grateful to them as well as the contractors who go to Iraq to help our military.

In addition, I am grateful to the families of soldiers who have sacrificed so much.

Actually, that is almost 4000 US, UK and other Allied soldiers who have died (including 3652 US soldiers). That doesn't include the over 14,000 injuries, the deaths of the contractors killed in Iraq or the estimated

500,000 Iraqi civilian deaths.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Exactly why I think the Iraqi Parliament going on vacation is a slap in the faces of those who paid the ultimate price, along with their families.

Reply to
witfal

Yet, I don't understand all the politics going on in Iraq. There are a lot of forces the Iraqi parliament has to respond to. The US Gov't is just one of them. The Iraqis did not ask us to come into their country.

Maybe we should just go home.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Unless things change tactically, I agree. Enough is enough.

Reply to
witfal