OT: Scumbags Leave On Vacation

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote >> We shall see what progress is being made. The top officer will issue a

I for one would not trust any statement made by a general officer. I would trust an officer with a couple of bars or a gold leaf on his lapel, but none higher, because the higher you rise in the Army (or Marine Corps) the less you're in touch with the situation on the ground, because your juniors tell you what you'd like to hear, and to general officers, the weather is always clear and the morale is always excellent. If generals got out from behind their desks and looked at situations as the grunts do, they might (just might) learn a few things.

Reply to
mack

Check your investments? More likely you're checking on your supply of Depends, and the amount of liquor remaining in the bottle.

Reply to
mack

And try not to mouthe the words as you read.

Reply to
mack

When Hunter eats vegetables, it's considered cannibalism.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And yet you keep coming back for more.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

How can people vacation in Iraq, unless they're suicide bombers?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

One Joint's Toll On Lungs Equal To Five Cigarettes: Study Tuesday July 31, 2007 CityNews.ca Staff

Smoking one joint might seem relatively harmless to some, but according to new research published Tuesday, a single "marijuana cigarette" is as harmful to the lungs as five of the tobacco variety.

According to the study, those who smoked cannabis suffered damage to both the lungs' small fine airways used for transporting oxygen, and the large airways, which blocked air flow, causing users to complain of wheezing, coughing and chest tightness.

The experts at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand tested 339 people, including those that only smoked weed, some that only smoked cigarettes and a few who indulged in both.

Their conclusion was that the subjects who only smoked tobacco were the most likely to suffer from emphysema, but those that were partial to the dope had the most general lung discomfort.

"The extent of this damage was directly related to the number of joints smoked, with higher consumption linked to greater incapacity," said the authors of the report published in the medical journal Thorax. "The effect on the lungs of each joint was equivalent to smoking between 2.5 and five cigarettes in one go."

The British government is considering whether cannabis should be reclassified as a more serious drug because of the dangers associated with stronger strains.

"The danger cannabis poses to respiratory health is consistently being overlooked," said Helena Shovelton, Chief Executive of the British Lung Foundation.

"Smoking a joint is more harmful to the lungs than smoking a cigarette and we have just banned people from doing that in public places because of the health risks."

Tuesday's isn't the only recent study to warn of the dangers of marijuana. Last week British researchers suggested use of the drug increased the risk of developing psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia.

Reply to
dbu.,

Amazing. A joint (which has no filter) is as harmful as five cigarettes, who do have filters.

I wonder how much money was spent to figure this out.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Millions, no doubt at taxpayers' expense.

Ever wonder why the right wing is against these nonsensical grants?

Reply to
witfal

They probably liked whatever grant funded this research. It "proves" that booze is harmless and pot means death. Or something.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nope. I'm against nonsensical grants, period. How about cows producing more methane than any other source?

If memory serves, that one cost us about $50 mil.

What a great use of taxpayer dollars.

Reply to
witfal

My son and two of his friends produce more methane than a herd of cows. It cost me nothing to find this out.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Oh, but it DID.

Think about your grocery bill.

Reply to
witfal

But I wouldn't trust his public words since he works for a President who very much wants a positive report. Did Westmorland ever express pessimism about Vietnam?

Reply to
manny

Sanity check: Are we winning in Iraq?

Reply to
manny

Street price + price of pizzas for the munchies.

Reply to
manny

I know Senator Ted Stevens (R, Ak) has always opposed wasteful spending.

Reply to
manny

$2 mil for cow interpreters alone.

Reply to
manny

Those who risk death in traffic in the US are free to quit at any time, unlike our military volunteers, who are also in Iraq for no purpose but to keep our gutless President's ego well inflated.

Reply to
manny

The Wasp