Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

r.p.m. test / multimeter/ '86 22r /
i need help to locate which plug to plug my multimeter into , to run r.p.m. test for timing, and idle adjustment, haynes manual is not very descriptive, please help. it would be a huge help, and...

1987 Toyota 4x4 Pickup 22RE
The #2 and #3 cylinders are not firing and the plugs are wet. Both went at the same time and not sure what was the problem. Had a bit of valve tap before it happened. I have changed the plug wires,...
3
3

Tundra Oil Drain Torque Spec
2005 Tundra V-6 4.0 liter Can anyone provide me with the torque specs for the oil drain bolt? There's nothing in the owners manual about oil changes, even though Toyota engineers went through the...

Magnaflow Cat Back #15811 for the Tacoma
Hello I have an '02 Tacoma Double Cab with the 3.4 liter v6 and have started to fix it up a little. I added a Magnaflow cat back exhaust to it the other day and am a kind of disappointed. I wanted to...
1
1

93 4Runner 3VZE with Oil Leak
I have a 93 4Runner 3VZE with a nasty oil leak coming from the passenger side front of the engine. While running, the oil pours from under the cover just above the water pump. This started after...
2
2

what is the right Sequoia tire pressure?
I have been following the recommended tire pressure of 32PSI for the 2004 Sequoia and just realized it was too low. The tire ,especially the rear, always looks low at 32 PSI and all four tires totally...
12
12

wanted: owner's manual for 1988 2wd 1-ton toyota pickup
wanted: owner's manual for 1988 2wd 1-ton toyota pickup I am willing to pay for it.
1
1

Can "Like New" Exhaust Manifold Gasket be Reused?
I have an '89 Toyota Pickup w/ 22RE engine. About a year ago, I rebuilt the exhaust system, including replacing the cast iron exhaust manifold with header pipes. At that time, I replaced the exhaust...
1
1

Tundra Dash lights--How to replace?
I have a 2000 tundra (a real gas hog but that's not the point here). How do I get to the under dash lights to replace bulbs. In particular, those behind the heater and vent controls do not light and I...
4
4

2004 Toyota 4Runner Oil Change
O.K. I got through the tire pressure and maintenance light crisis. Now, I'm faced with changing the oil. I'll really be red faced if the procedure is in the owner's manual. I did skim it before coming...
4
4

Alas, alack and alay
I can't buy a new Prerunner like the one I have now. Mine is an '01 regular cab and I'm told I can't get a 6-cyl without getting an extended cab. And to top it all off, my Leer topper won't fit on the...
1
1

Downsizing from Sequoia
I currently own a 2003 Sequoia Limited which I am very pleased with. My only complaint is that it is too much vehicle for our family now that it's just my wife and I. We like the versatility of SUVs...
15
15

block heater installation
i have a 1995 tacoma with a 2.7L inline 4cyl and i need to install a block heater. i have one that i purchased from the dealer that installs into the frost plug. the instructions say to install the...
1
1

Toyota 4runner stereo installation
i am trying to replace the stereo in my 96 4runner (model A56807) with a very similar stereo from a new Echo (model A56814). they are both double din CD/Cassette/Radio combo units, that came factory...
8
8

SHIFT LOCK OVERRIDE
My 1990 4 Cylinder 4Runner has a shift lock override button on the console at the front of the gear indicator near Park. I got this 4 Runner from my dad who owned it from new. As far as I know, he...
2
2

22re: headlights dim when idling
My 92 4wd pickup truck has 110k miles. I notice at night when coming to a stop that the lights willl dim down. I have a new battery and new belts all around. I am sure the belts are not slipping. I...
3
3

Tacoma front-end shake
Hi, Just picked up a 1999 Tacoma Xtra cab V6 Auto with 90K miles on it. On occasion when I'm travelling 45-65 mph, what seems like the front end will shake through the steering wheel. Hitting the...
5
5

Lexan moldboard for Sno-way plow on Tacoma
Sno-way makes a plow that fits the Tacoma, I've plowed with it for four years. I stayed with the steel moldboard because it cost less but I'm begining to rethink that, because it weighs more than the...

rear differential locking up on 1994 4x4 pickup
My 1994 Toyota 4x4 short-bed DX 22RE truck with 107,000 miles has recently started exhibiting a strange, troubling behavior. This truck is stock with all factory drive train and suspension parts, and...
3
3

governor 2002 4runner
does anyone know how to remove the speed governor on a 2002 4runner. I have a trd supercharger and the governor kicks in at 110 mph which really sucks since this engine is just beginning to gain...
1
1