Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

4Runner Won't start after head gasket replacement. HELP!!!
Sunday I finally got my 1990 4Runner with a V6 engine back together after replacing the left side head gasket. Before I took it apart 4 of the 6 cylinders had good compression. I replaced the left...
2
2

cruise control 93 4Runner
93 4Runner V6 3VZE, 4X4 . Tried using CC tonight, the green dash light flashed on/off until I switch it off, now I get no light at all when the On button depressed( and of course the CC doesnt work)....
1
1

'04 Tundra - Passenger side airbag shutoff?
In my search for information regarding 04 Tundras, it has been published on quite a few of the "price estimate" sites that the passenger side air bag on the 04 Tundra double cab can be switched off. A...
17
17

Tundrasolutions?
3
3

Transmission noise, 1992 pickup
I have a 1992 Toyota pickup. 4 cylinder 5 speed manual transmission I have a whirring noise coming from the transmission in 5th gear. Noticeable, but not loud enough to drown out radio. no noise in...
2
2

1997 4runner 1/2 amp current draw after fuse AM1
Hi I have a 1997 4runner with a 1/2 amp current draw through fuse AM1 when the truck is turned off. The battery is drained every couple of days. I need to know what that fuse feeds. Thanks Dale
2
2

cold temps and 'VSC TRAC' and 'VSC OFF' lights
I have a 2002 Sequoia and have a problem with the 'VSC TRAC' and 'VSC OFF' lights coming on only when its below about 35 F. They both come on, usually after moving the vehicle a short distance, and...

RS3200+ install P4 connector?
Where is the P4 connector on a 04 DblCab V6 4x4 auto remote keyless entry with VIP upgrade kit 08586-04820? Am I missing an extension harness? Thanks
4
4

New Tundra Engine Noise - Valves/Fuel Injectors ??
I own a Tundra 2003 Limited with 12,000 KM. I just got it as a dealer demo so it is 2000 KM new to me. The truck is nice but it has a very annoying engine noise, particularly when cold. To me it...
13
13

The finer points of driving a Rav4 (I've never had a 4x4 before) Need someone to dispense out some knowledge
Dear all: My buddy just bought a Rav4. I helped him pick it out. Since I am currently unemployed, I have a lot of time and scanned through many ads and found a black on dark grey Rav4 1998 with only...
5
5

need help on 85 22re cold start injector
This is my first 22re and i wondering what is the lifespan of the cold start one that was in the truck when i bought it went bad after about a the used one that i replaced it with failed this...

Anyone have a Louisville Lugger rack?
Yo, I'm interested in the rackfor my Tundra D-Cab. It looks pretty slick but I'm wondering if its is asslick in practice as it is in concept. Hoping I can adapt it for combineduse with ... Any...

1996 Tacoma gas mileage dropped
Greetings, I have a 1996 Tacoma 4X4 with automatic transmission and almost 100K miles. I was getting about 20 mpg, but about 3 months ago it suddenly dropped down to about 17 mpg. It happened from one...
3
3

How long between synthetic oil change?
For my 95 tacoma V6, 4WD with 118k miles, I just bought my first case of Mobile 1. I am wondering if I continue to change the oil at the standard 3.5k-5k miles, or less often. What do other people do?...
18
18

Holley Carby noise
I have just installed a Holley 350 carbie (61 main jets, 8.5 power valve) to my 1989 3F petrol Toyota Landcruiser to try and improve economy more than power. I have a few issues, when the engine has...
5
5

Smelly Transmission (Tundra)
My Tundra has less than six thousand miles and yet whenever the transmission has to work hard, (passing, going uphill, etc.) it smells as if it were an older truck in need of a transmission flush. Is...
7
7

Clear coat on Landcruiser
Some of the clear coat is flaking on my 96 Landcruiser's rear quarter. The area is limited to about a 4x6". What is my best at fixing that? I'd really like to make it look acceptable without redoing...
7
7

22RE (Non-Turbo) Engine with a Turbo Transmission????
I have a 1987 Toyota Truck with a Turbo engine. The head is cracked and I have someone that is going to give me an engine from a 1987 (non-turbo) truck. Will this engine fit in my truck seeing as mine...
5
5

Anyone install Sequoia's Keyless Entry
Does anyone have experience installing keyless entry into a Sequoia post-production? I have a 2004 Sequoia on the way and will want to add keyless entry once it arrives. I am considering purchasing...
1
1

Borla Dual Exhaust System
I'm contemplating getting the Borla Cat-Back Dual Exhaust System for my 2003 4runner. I'm looking for any comments that anybody has regarding the installation and performance of these things. Also, if...
5
5