Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Steering damper shot?
Hello, I have a '66 Beetle...every once in a while, when I hit a bump in the road, the steering wheel starts shaking violently until I slow way down or speed up. I haven't done much front end work on...
14
14

Natural Gas fueled Beetle engine
Are natural gas conversion kits for the Beetle's air-cooled Boxer Four engine commercially available? What about propane conversion kits? Ringer
1
1

Type 4 bore spacing
hello all, Does anyone here know the bore spacing of the type 2 2000/ type 4 engine? I'm looking for an actual dimension in mm or inches. While I'm asking, are these cylinders long enough for a 4...

vw bus wheel locked
Hi, Newbie question. I have a friend with a 77 westie. Drives nicely, stored over the winter. He's driven it on 4 occasions since and after the last trip (+50 miles) he parked it and now it's stuck....
15
15

Need parts diagram, Kadron carbs
Anyone know where I can view/download exploded diagrams for Kadron carbs? If they are not exploded, I can do it myself - got some M-80's in Tijuana last year.
16
16

"EOL" on dashboard?
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows what "EOL" means on the dashboard of a Seat Cordoba(which I believe is a rebadged VW Polo, hence the post here). EOL appears for a few seconds when the ignition is...
10
10

Kamei front spoiler for a Super?
I can see them on some cars, but are these available anywhere? I can't find them for sale by anyone. can find this, but its way ugly:...
5
5

Difference between 34 PICT and 30 PICT?
If the icing theory does not seem to be the thing,=20 check for intake manifold leaks. If you have DP heads, the manifold rubber boots might be cracked or the manifold can be loose. I had a bad...
17
17

Decklid Quick-Release Hinge Pins
Deck Lid - Quick-Release Hinge Pins Hi! My Empi brand Decklid Quick-Release Hinge Pins came today from Cip1. Can someone please give me some simple instructions on how to install them? Is it better to...
1
1

Drilling vacuum port in an IDF carb
I have a pair of Weber 40 IDF's. I plan updating them with the CB Performance kit. While I have them out, I would like to drill them for a vacuum advance distributor. I understand that the newer carbs...
6
6

Type 1 Hydraulic lifter setup
I just got one of the new type 1 motors from VW, and they have hydraulic valve lifters. Does anyone have any advice on setting these up, other than just to play with them until they stop ticking? I...
8
8

fuel consumption increase with kadron dual carbs?
i have some kadron dual carbs and was wondering if the fuel consumption will go up too much?
9
9

Boiling fuel
I know i keep posting lots of messages just lately but my bug has just finished its resto and i have never driven one before so bare with me! I have twin dual webber's 44IDF's, the problem seems to be...
11
11

1835cc and Turbo/Super Charging
I run in the sand with an 1835cc dual 40 Webbers and I need more power. I am familar with CB Performance and Car Craft (Turbo Chargers), but EMail requests to these folks have not been answered... I...
19
19

Meaning of abbreviations
I am looking for a wise person that could tell me the meaning of the abbreviations I found on the vehicle registration card of a vehicle registered in california. I need to translate a certain...
2
2

Flywheel loose !!
So I finally figured out what the problem is with my engine: Loose flywheel ! So what should I do now ? I can take the dowel pins out with my fingers, not sure if this is supposed to be this way (I...
4
4

Steering wheel squeak 90 Vanagon?
Hello all: My 1990 VW Vanagon makes a rather loud squeaking noise when I turn the steering wheel. It seems to be coming from just below the floor board. I tried running some WD-40 down at the point...
1
1

Weber IDF vs Dellorto DRLA, Opinions?
Hello all, been out for a few weeks, but now I'm back working on the bug. Just got Bug me video Vol. 3 a couple of weeks ago from ACN. This video rocks!!! I thought rebuilding an engine was far more...
9
9

1974 Super Beetle Fasten Seat Belt/Brake light and Buzzer
Have 1974 Super Beetle and the Fasten Seat Belt / Brake light will come on and off at random and the buzzer is iritating me. Before I take it in to have the wiring checked... is anyone aqware of a...
5
5

Beware BFY obsolete parts
To anyone looking for VW parts on the net I do not recommend BFY Obsolete Parts. I have ordered from them several times in the past for my 63 and never had a problem, this time though was a pretty bad...
15
15