OT Heres what I found in my backyard

These things don't appear to be "aircooled" to me. HaHa I'm sure they are lots of fun and probably wont rust out!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Ullet

Heres a little something I found in my back yard on Halloween. Sure put a smile on my face.

Randy

RSMEINER

Awww! Very cool, Randy!

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Cool, one question though, what do you use Lama's for? Do you eat them? Ride them? Milk them? I have not got a clue......

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Ours are mainly pets. Very very few get eaten in the States but it has been known to happen. They make great lawn mowers. I think I only had to mow the pasture and yard once this year. You can train them to pull carts around and go for rides that way.

And some people show them. The wool is great to make things out of but thats not for me.

That baby is about 1/2 the size of a normal baby. He is just a tiny little thing. Thats a small hand towel on his back to help him stay warm.

Randy

RSMEINER

It really made my day. It was about 1-2 weeks early but it's healthy.

Randy

RSMEINER

On 02 Nov 2003 21:05:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comIdiot (RSMEINER) ran around screaming and yelling:

congrats grandpa!!!!! J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

They are totally aircooled and even overheat when the temps are hot outside. Then you turn big fans on them to cool them down. Plus they blow hot air out both ends from time to time. Occaisonal fweem noises also.

Randy

RSMEINER

Aren't they also used as a pack animal?

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

cute :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Congrats, Randy! BTW, by the picture it looks like your animals have a very good life. That's a very nice place you keep for them.

Best, John

Reply to
jjs

Those 2 little shitty sheds in that picture have along story behind them. Wanted to build a bigger, nicer barn but ran into all sorts of problems with the city about that. So, I put those little crappy sheds up on skids to make them portable and the city can now bite my ass.

I'm waiting for the city to start raising hell about the llamas being in the city limits.

The orange snow fence on the corral is to help keep the baby in. He's so little he can slip right under those corral panels.

Randy

RSMEINER

Still, your place is very clean and I'm sure the Llama are happy. I can see that. The city thing - well, screw them. The city moved into your territory, not the other way. Goddman, what's this country turning into? Wannabe Yuppies whining about wildlife? Of course. Totally artificial persons. Don't even get me started or I'll be out there with bells on.

Reply to
jjs

Hey, come on over and bring the bells with you. I declared war on the city & state folks. What a bunch of arragont dumb asses. I think I managed to piss off most of the state government and city government with just a couple of well placed phone calls. I was on a roll that day. Best fun I've had in weeks.

Randy

RSMEINER

Randy, I'm with you. Let me (or us) know what we can do. Life is too short to go through this city encroachment bull yet again.

Reply to
jjs

"jjs" wrote

I hate that kind of sh*t. It reminds of the old Shuffletown dragstrip that was just north of Charlotte, NC. It had been there for something like 35-40 years or so. The urban sprawl from the city crept its way out there. A housing development was built just beside the track, people moved in and the idiots immediately started complaining about the track as if it had just shown up out of thin air. In the early '90s the area was annexed and the city started citing the track and drivers for noise violations and they finally shut down a short time later. Last I heard they were supposed to build about 300 townhomes on the site. Bastards.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

We're going to fix our place up this winter and it will be on the market in the spring. We are starting to look at farms down in Missouri.

Randy

RSMEINER

cool

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Missouri is truly okay. Best of luck in the sale and move. Maybe it's not a bad thing afterall to get away from Nebraska.

Reply to
jjs

Most of Nebraska isn't all that bad. Just tired of the super high taxes and idiots in the local government. If you're not rich, you don't count.

And I'm not rich.

Randy

RSMEINER