Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Steering wheel squeak 90 Vanagon?
Hello all: My 1990 VW Vanagon makes a rather loud squeaking noise when I turn the steering wheel. It seems to be coming from just below the floor board. I tried running some WD-40 down at the point...
1
1

What a weekend!
After flogging my car for a week and seemingly evrything going wrong, I gog it running this morning and drove it 15 miles to an open local car show. The lovcal Street Rodders put this show on every...
1
1

Importing cars into Thailand?
Anyone know the pros & cons? Any importers who can get around the huge duties/fees/etc? Possibilities of dismantling & importing as parts & reassembling? Subsequent rego problems? etc? thanks in...

VW Bug Rims & Tire Question.
Where is the best and cheapest place to buy new VW bug rims? Almost all of mine have rust on them and some are mis-matched. I don't need anything fancy. How much am I looking to spend for all 4 rims?...
2
2

Bug Tow Question...
Yesterday I went to pick up a 1970 Autostick I got off ebay. I hooked up the Bug Tow to the bug and to my truck to pull it out to change all the tires. I un-hooked it from my truck but not the bug. I...

Re: Illegal Immigration, the Non-Issue of the Week....................
Troll, ignore it href=""Den'sDogs href="">Den's1977 Puma

Baby food jar lids. Gerber
as summer arrives I replace the clean air tubes with baby food jar lids/ they fits nice n tight over the ducts . conserveing the cooling air.
8
8

westy sink-water pump problem
yoiks! forgot to drain our '82 westy's sink-water tank when moved from tepid calif. to snowy wash. st. and had a big block of ice in there until the ice began melting on its own. the sink-water tank...
1
1

Compression ratio
What is the advised compression ratio on a 1600 TP? What should the compression tester show on a standard engine? Bart Bervoets
2
2

Help, oil all over the place today
Ok I made the mistake of slightly overfilling the oil in my 71 bus on the way to work a few days. In a hurry to not be late, I figured oh well I'll just have to let it blow out and hope nothing gets...
8
8

69 T3 auto trans with fuel injection question
Hi Folks, So I have the aforementioned VW with a missing vacuum hose. The hose barb/vacuum pot is on the right rear bottom of the transmission. Where does the other end of the hose go? I am also...

After 6 years, it lives again!
A few of you old timers here might remember my Baja bug "Frankenstein" (built from the remains of other dead bugs.) Anyway the perpetual project engine is finished, installed and running. I still need...
5
5

battery in backwards
A new customer brought his 73 convertable because of electrical problems. He had told me he bought a new battery about 500 miles ago but its no longer starting. He also said he had no horn or turn...
5
5

Texas Fun House
I just got back from buying a distributor at EuroTechs in Laredo. Now "EuroTechs" is a pretty nifty sounding name but the actual parts store is... well... different. It is located in an old home that...

Thanks to all for advice
on my car not starting. I found the problem today. Just looking from not too close all looked OK but upon closer inspection I found that the main wire to the light switch was disconnected.. Now she'll...
1
1