accident report

Page 6 of 10

The law was not meant to be enforceable as in stopping it from happening. Its purpose is to make people accountable for their actions, sadly after the fact.

But a slap on the hand doesn't do the job. Pepole are still driving overly tired and under the influences.
Budd

Not everybody who gets drunk has plans to do so and how can you make the determination that they did, especially if they are close to the legal limit.

Ditto.
So is running a red light so should both people face the same punishment?

More complete crap. It would be great if the world were really so black and white but that simply isn't the case with reality. As for double jeapardy, that is the way it should be.

Then stop blaming the liberals for all of the worlds problems. The conservatives have caused their fair share of them as well although the way you make it sound, they are perfect and thinking that either side is without fault is complete ignorance.

You could try but would probably get hurt. I am not suggesting that you are like that piece of shit but that is exactly what he did and what you seem to be suggesting that we all do.

Really, where?

But you were a heavy drinker at the time (according to you) and a serious drinker does know what they are going to do but an occasional social drinker does not go out with the intention of getting ripped but sometimes it happens.

Perhaps that's true but this time I'm in the majority opinion.

I guess that would help remove the desire.

Sure it does but measurable does not always mean incapacitated or even severly impared. Some people can drink a few beers or have a few shots and feel nothing at all. They may in fact be impared but don't know it and in this case, how can you say murder 1.

Read more slowly Budd, you are discounting the crime of murder 1 by attaching it to accidental deaths.

Manslaughter... negligent homicide... vehicular homicide...

1st degree? Where's the premeditation? "I'm gonna down this last shot so I'm good and smashed, and hopefully I find someone I can kill on the way home". Not likely...
Don't misunderstand - I also believe that the punishment should fit the crime. However, in your example, your punishment exceeds the crime.

Let's try to stay off the extreme.
How about he get's pulled over and is oui, no accident. Does he go to jail?

1st degree murder? WTF are you smoking out there?
What if you have a heart attck and run over somebody? He dies, you survive. By your standard it is 1st degree murder. Bye, bye, Budd

So you are advocating a set schedule of punishment? Drive oui ya get 5 years, involved in a accident 55% at fault, yer down for 1 year. You can't be serious.
Roy

why not? wreckless endagerment? they would get arrested for the same if they were waving a firearm around and shooting it in the air wouldnt they?

yea i agree murder 1 seems extreem

LOL, you are kidding, right? A gun is a weapon and your comparison is apples to rocks.

TBone wrote:

A car is a deadly weapon and has been found to be just that many times in court cases. The device used is irrelevant.

More irrelevant BS from you miles. A car is an automobile and is defined as a means of transportation. A gun is a deadly weapon any way that you try and spin it and its purpose is to hurt or kill, nothing more, nothing less. A car CAN BE USED as a deadly weapon as can be just about anything if you know how but is not defined as one. Firing a gun into the air on public streets is a crime in itself and doing it while drunk is yet another crime on top of that so again, apples to rocks.

TBone wrote:

It is? I own a gun. Shoot quite often and have never once killed anything with it. I target shoot as do numerous others. A gun CAN BE USED as a deadly weapon.

actually, a gun is a deadly weapon. a car would be a dangerous weapon.

Sorry to burst your bubble miles but a gun IS a deadly weapon that you are using for target practice. Like you say a car can be used for purposes other than what it was intended for, so can a gun and just about anything else for that matter but the primary purpose for a gun is to stop or kill someone or something.

your saying that a car isnt EVER as deadly as a gun? wiether someone is wreckless with a automobile or wreckless with a pistol and you get killed by the wreckless acts of that person........EITHER WAY YOUR JUST AS DEAD!

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:59:54 GMT, "Christopher Thompson"

ok, who started this up again?

No, actually a car can be far deadlier than a gun but unlike the gun, that is not what it was designed to do.

Yea, but the difference is that the pistol was designed to be deadly even if used correctly so using it recklessly makes it even worse.

Given your medical history probably not.
Good. I didn't think you would resort to insults.
But I think the discussion is over anyway.
Nice chatting, Roy. Merry Christmans.
Budd

If I had there wouldn't be any question.<G>

Yup, it was going nowhere.

Same to you and yours.

Roy

the problem here is that the drivers test is a joke. so retesting would really prove nothing.

Not to mention how much that would cost and how long it would take.