GM Working On A 'Mustang Competitor'!!

Page 6 of 16

So you admit to being an ill-educated moron not willing to check a reference before using it? Boy, I'm sure everyone will be interested in your opinions now.

Did I claim to be an expert? No, just informed due to my intensive medical background. To be blunt, I would have no use for the med since I have no need for it based on the indications, as I'd already ennumerrated, for its use. That and the fact that it doesn't come in suppository form. Again, check your references before spouting off and digging yourself (and any miniscule sense of credibility) deeper into your steaming dunghill.
As I stated in my previous post, you should discuss using it yourself with you Doctor. I'm sure if you act in his office like you act on Usenet, he would make an exception and prescribe it for you as a suppository. And as you have some sort of strange fascination with your ass and it's function anyway, as a special treat just for you, maybe you can get it in "retention enema" form.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Refinish King" wrote

So you couldn't come up with a clever retort *TWICE* and you admit it? Give up while your not just behind, but not even playing the game anymore. Of course you seem to like the behind for some reason. Ecch, scary thought.

At what point did I ever attack your knowledge of cars? What I said was to check your references on something you obviously know nothing about, before tapping anything into your keyboard.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS

Add pictures here
βœ–

So are you on Phenobarbitol? I've heard of it being used for migrane sufferers and RSD victims. If so, Phenobarbitol is a controlled substance and it does have some mind-altering effects, though not as severe as opioids (Morphine, Dilaudid, Demerol, etc).
My specialty is trauma, renal, endrocrine and cardiac - very little neurological or psych in my 15 year background, so my knowledge of RSD is very limited. I do know a former nurse who was recently fitted with an internal neural stimulator with insertions at C5 and T1 - she says that it has made her life livable, but it is not working as well as she hoped.

Do you have a website up about your trials and tribulations with this disease? If not, consider making one - others may be able to use it as a point of information to help them with their afflictions.
My wife has end-stage MS, complete with the peripheral neuropathy, optic neuropathy, loss of fine motor control, neurogenic bladder and is now confined to a wheelchair and it is a race between the aspiration pneumonia or urosepsis that will take her to the celestial chariot.
--
www.geocities.com/captainredneck2002/index.html

Add pictures here
βœ–

Local store have a sale on 140-proof Sterno again?
CobraJet

Add pictures here
βœ–
Are you looking for it again?
I'm sure you are mentally toasted enough. So stop it while your ass has some brain cells left.
Refinish King
wrote

Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah, that sounds pretty sad.

454ss, CamaroSS, Scarab, Callaway Corvette, Corvette, ImpalaSS.
Granted, Chevy really has nothing to compete with the Ford GT, but this is an unfair comparison. The GT40 was a pure racing car, never intended for John Q Street, and now Ford is dragging it back out of the dust bin and putting it in civie scivies for $150K. Hey, give me $150K to play with and I'll find something that'll smoke it.
nb
--
Be considerate of others and
trim your posts. Thank you.

You have now entered the realm of archeaology.
As far as the '70 or '71 SS 454 Chevelles, I agree Ford had nothing comparable from the factory during those years. A 429 Torino running a 460 crank and typical hot-rodding mods will blow it away, but stock for stock Chevy wins.
As far as the 4th Gen Camaro Z/28-SS, agreed, Ford had nothing to touch it until the more expensive blown SVT Cobra came out in '03.
As for the 1st Gen Camaros, the 396/375's were badass on the strip, but the other 396's and the 350's had their equivalents at Ford. And even the 396/375's couldn't keep up with the 428 CJ Stangs.
You can throw the '69 COPO 427's at me, but I can throw the '65-'70 Shelbys right back, and add that the tens of thousands of Shelbys comprise a far more significant slice of automotive history than the 1,000 or so '69 427 COPOs.
As far as road racing, Shelby GT350R Mustangs won SCCA B Production in '65 and '66, running against CORVETTES. And in the Trans Am, Mustangs won in '66, '67, and '70, while Camaros won in '68 and '69. I'd give the overall edge to the Mustang, seeing as how it not only bookended the Camaro, it won more series overall.
As for the Scarab, now that's really getting obscure. If you're talking homologated sports cars, the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe won the FIA world championship over the Ferrari GTO in '64. The Scarab won nothing. And of course the 289 and 427 Cobra roadsters dominated every series they ran in.
If you're talking sports prototypes -- which is where the Scarab sports cars actually ran -- nothing before or since has compared to the Ford GT40's. If you're talking Formula 1 -- there were two Scarab F1 cars as I recall -- again no one before or since can compare to the Ford Cosworth V8. During one long stretch in the '70's Ferrari was the only F1 team NOT running the Ford motor.
Funny you wouldn't mention the Can Am series of the late '60's, early '70's. The last "formula libre" series ever, it was dominated by the McLarens and their 427 and 435 ci Chevy Rat motors. Ford was a non-factor.
(Not funny you wouldn't mention NASCAR of the '60's and early '70's, since it was Chevy that was the non-factor there.)
The Callaway Corvette, I can only say "eh" to that one. Not a series produced vehicle, really, not in the sense the Shelby Cobras were. The twin turbo Callaways were awesome on paper, and I guess they're gaining in collector value now, but they hardly made a ripple in their hey-day. And they'll never touch a Ford GT or a Shelby Cobra in pedigree, prestige, or value.
The factory Corvette itself is a one of a kind. Actually it's a dozen of a kind, at least. It started out as a joke in '54 -- six cylinders, 2-spd Powerglide tranny, any color you wanted as long as it was white -- and through '62 was still running a Stone Age X-frame with running gear that full size Chevys had left behind in '55. Even when the IRS '63 came out, the Shelby Cobra and Jaguar XK-E (now a Ford brand) were better cars. The 327/365's, 427/425's, 427/435's, and 350/370's were great cars. But most Vettes during this period were secretary cars and poseur-mobiles, running station-wagon level motors with AC and automatics and skinny little whitewall tires.
Still and all we'll give the mid to early '60's to the Vette as America's only sports car. The mid '70's through '83 are better forgotten altogether. (Hey, we'd like to do the same thing with the Mustang II and the early Fox Stangs, too.) Then, starting with the Fourth Gen and continuing to the present day, they've been competent, admirable, and in a class of one in bang for buck.
The Impala SS -- I guess you mean the LT-1 "late" model -- I'll go along with you that Ford had nothing to compare during those particular model years. And anyway I'm getting tired of typing. I'll just say that to mention the LT-1 Impala SS is to damn Chevy with faint praise. In other words, BFD.

There is no commonality whatsoever between the Lola-built, 289 and 427 FE powered '60's Ford "GT40" and the new GT. And you're wrong about the "pure racing car" bit. The rules required 50 road-going production examples, and according to this source http://www.supercars.net/cars/1965 @$Ford@$GT40%20Mark%20I%20Productiong.html 85 were built.
As far as finding something to equal the new GT for $150,000, it can't be done. Sure, you could buy a used Formula 5000 that could tear it up on the track. Maybe even a $10,000 Formula Ford would have it covered. A Mosler or an Ultima GT might give it a run -- I have no idea -- but there's nothing else turn-key and new that you could buy for the same money that is anywhere close.
180 Out TS 28
Add pictures here
βœ–

Eh...V-4? Typo right?
Don Manning
βœ–

THe V-4 Ford was a Production Engine. I forget which years and platforms. I have an Inake manifold for one. Charles Opps, is that there one of them rare parts I deal in?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Taking pride in a part that nobody gives a rat's ass about? Wait! Lemme guess. *Your* home is the national headquarters for the Saab Owner Club of America, and buyers have to squeeze your wiggly for the honor of fawning over worthless shit.
CobraJet
Add pictures here
βœ–

I save Rare Parts from destruction. The V-4 intake I saved as a conversation piece. I don't plan on selling it, but I would if someone actually needed it. My home is in the Birth Place of Aviation. While I have helped out some owners clubs in the past, I don't have any regular dealings with them. As for my dick, I'm rather selective about who touches it. Charles
Add pictures here
βœ–
Charles, I believe Kittyhawk North Carolina was the birthplace of aviation. Then again, I know Wright-Patterson AFB is near you. So what's the connection of the Wright bothers to the Dayton area? Can you fill me in on what makes Ohio the birthplace?
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:53:35 GMT, "Charles Bendig"

Add pictures here
βœ–
Their original bicycle shop is there!
Refinish King

Add pictures here
βœ–

NC is where they flew the first Wright Flier (powered air craft) successfully. Because of a recommendation from a government official. The Wright Brothers used a site called Huffman Field before that, a piss poor wind location. They actually could have made the first flight in this area, if they would have look around more.
The Wright Family came to Dayton Ohio when Orville & Wilbur Wright were small children. Living in the then prestigious West Side of Dayton. When they were teens they built a printing press and printed a newspaper called the "West Side News" As they Grew Older, they got in to Bicycles. Which somewho they got the idea for a glider.
They started working on the first gliders right in the Bicycle shop. Then at some point constructed a building on Huffman Field. At some point they figured out controlled flight on the 3 AXIS system. Then managed to design and build their own gasoline engines. All done here in Dayton. All Wright Aircraft were built in Ohio. They were shipped via rail cars to NC to be flown.
After the Wright Brothers started building Air Craft to sell they did so here in Ohio. Both the Brothers were Inventors till they they died.
Part of the Wright Brothers Story is intertwined with people like Charles Kettering (inventor of the electric self starter for cars), who also lived here in Dayton. Dayton Ohio, known also as the Gem City, between 1850 and 1960 had more patents filed then any State.
Basically the Air Plane was born here, just not tested here. It's like how Detroit is credited with being the home of the American Auto Industry. Charles No I'm not too up on my local history.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks Charles. I wasn't aware of all that. BTW, there's a cool store in your area that I like to shop at over the internet. It's called "Parts Express". I envy you being able to just mosey over there and buy whatever on the spot.
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 07:41:47 GMT, "Charles Bendig"

Add pictures here
βœ–

Parts Express Located in Mendelsons. Only a mear 5 minute drive. I Perfer the 4th floor of Mendelsons to parts express. As that is where you find old factory equpiment, tools, and other cool items. Mendelsons is a inventory buy out company. You can find every thing from clothing & books, to electronics, vaccume tubes, to used industrial tools. All in one building. Charles
Add pictures here
βœ–

Damn, don't ever invite me to any of your dinner parties (I'm sure you're quite the socialite).

Can you imagine actually "planning" to sell a V-4 intake?

We have aviaries around here, too. Lots of guano on the floor. Kinda resembles your posts in several ways.

I thought it impossible to fall asleep during one sentence. I was wrong.

Well, give ol RK a big "attaboy" from me next time, will ya?
CobraJet

Add pictures here
βœ–

If I do, Ill remember to Invite Spot over to keep you company. You do like 1%'ers?

If it was for a Kholler V-4, then yes I would. I have only ever seen 3 of them. All on wheel splitters.

What ever.

Yea next time we tag team your mom and your sister in the same bed. Charles
Add pictures here
βœ–