Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: testing idle stepper motors
Assuming yours is the Bosch 4 pin stepper, the top 2 pins are for the motor and the bottom 2 are for the idle tracking switch. 1 | Motor 2 | Motor 3 | Switch 4 | Switch Pin 3 is the switch signal Pin...
2
2

Cigarette lighter not working.
Hi, I've got a '96 Mitsubishi Gallant V6 24V (UK spec). I plugged a cheap car hoover into the cigarette lighter last week and it stopped working. The fuse for the lighter looked OK but I changed it...
7
7

VW
For sale VW Beetle 1303 S, 1973, 100270 miles engine (1600) and gear box fine, body ok but need a bit of TLC, last MOT Jan 2002, runs fine just done 200 miles no problems. email me for more details....

Escort Lack of Power
Just bought a 1998 Escort 1.8 SI, changed the oil, oil filter and air filter. The car 'Hunts' +/- 100 rpm at tickover and seems to lack power when driving. In fact my previous 1,25 Fiesta had more...
6
6

Knocking noise from under front of car / front suspension
Hi all I own a R plate (1997) Mk4 Fiesta Flight with a Zetec-SE engine. When I purchased the car there was a slight knocking noise from the nearside front suspension when I drove a little too...
1
1

Price , and advice
Hi Guys I have been offered a 13month old Renault Scenic Fidji 1.6 Manual with 12000 miles on the clock , recently serviced for £6000 This is less then I belief the car is worth . It belongs to my...
6
6

Cavalier high idle speed problem
Hi all Recently bought an old mk3 cav with 1.6 carb (16SV engine) as a winter hack as it was going cheap and had lots of MOT. I am however slightly puzzled by the idle speed. It will remain high for...
2
2

Peugeot 306 Boot shutting problem
Hi, I just bought a 306 and have noticed in the few times this week that I have used the boot that it is difficult to shut. Just trying to shut it gently doesn't work, it needs a real slam, and when I...
1
1

Jenolite
Hi all, does anyone know where you can buy this prouct please? I've just got a '95 Clio Williams 3, and unfortunately theres a bit of rust round the rear wheel arch and beneath the doors. I intend to...
4
4

HP Termination
has any body here terminated a hp agreement, apparently I can terminate the agreement and the finance company will recover the car and I can walk away, seems like a good idea as the car isn't worth...
7
7

Re: Renalt Clio gearbox problem
Could be : Worn gear linkage Or in my case it was a gear linkage that was damaged! rubber bush that had fell out Martin
1
1

FREE Picasso windscreen anti-glare solution
I have a Picasso, 2 years old but new to me. I have been to my local dealer in E. Yorkshire and they said £62 for it when I gave them the part number.(8211J5).Protecteur. Anti-glare cover. Service...

Re: Ford escort Fog light switch - servicable?
You might find that the fog lights are operated via a relay, the idea being that when you turn off the engine, the relay drops out and your foglights stay off until the next time you need them, rather...

Need to put a roof rack on a rover....how?
Hi, I know this sounds thick, but I need to put a roof rack on my Rover hatch (416i R reg). There's some form of retaining clips on the strips and I'm worried about pulling them off and causing...

Fiat Ducatto Van odometer
We've just sent our "02" registration Ducatto in for service, and as part of the service they have replaced the instrument cluster due to a faulty fuel light. This means that the vehicle mileage has...
3
3