Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

97 Escort Fan Switch Wiring
Anyone know where the white/black strip & the brown wire goes from the fan switch? The haynes BOL shows that the fan switch connects to the fan directly & the other side is a feed, this isn't the...
2
2

Tracing oil leaks
The thermostat on my 1994 Rover 220 developed an intermittent fault in the summer, resulting in a couple of overheats. Since then it has started loosing some oil, which it had never done before. Seems...
5
5

Bumper repair advice
Hi I'm thinking of buying a Ford Focus (1.6LX, 2002). However the (plastic?) front bumper is damaged at the top nearside corner. The bumper has been pulled away from the body and sticks out about 1cm,...
7
7

Re: Reducing Fuel use and Increasing your car speed with FFI MPG-CAPS
[remainder of spam snipped] It's silly season for fuel-saving scams, obviously. See for some more realism

Fiesta 1.25 1999 missing cylinder
Hi Group, A problem suddenly occured on my fiesta last night. I went over a level crossing and the car then seemed to be down on power and missing on one cylinder. If I put my foot down on the...
4
4

ECU remapping with KWP2000
I have seen a number of references to a pdf file for the KWP2000 ecu remapping tool but I have never been able to find the link to download it Can someone please point me to a website where I may read...

Idle test failure
Hi to you all. Has anyone ever had a MOT Fail for an RPMof 877on the Natural Idle Test . The min/max showing are 550/750. My 1996 Ford Probe 2.5 just did! Who sets the limits?
9
9

Escort fuel filter
Hi Just replaced the fuel filter on a 1.8 Diesel escort (no turbo) Now finding it hard to start (takes 3 attempts to start) before it splutters into life. Glow plugs replaced just before Christmas....
5
5

Mondeo problem
Started driving up to Cleveland last night (for a mate's wedding today) in my 98 Mondeo 2.5 Ghia X automatic. On the A1, been in a bit of slow traffic, had just turned the cruise control back on to...
4
4

Buying from FORD DIRECT - any good?
I'm thinking of getting a Focus that's a few years old. Is it worth buying it from the Ford Direct scheme? I'm thinking that the car would be carefully checked over and any problems would have been...
2
2

Switch Tyres
I've got a mobile fitter coming round tomorrow. They're supplying/fitting one new Conti Super Contact 2 and changing the unused Conti on the spare wheel (steel wheel) onto one of the alloys. The worn...
32
32

Which Oil- Does it matter!?!
Hi- been reading loads of threads on various forums about using the 'correct oil ' in an engine I'm not too up on these mechanical things- so apologies if this is a daft question- but does it really...
18
18

Vectra headlight problem
A friend of mine has a problem with his driverside headlight not working. Its a Vectra 1.8 year 2000 He has replaced the bulb,is there a specific fuse per headlight? any help is much appreciated....
1
1

Recommend an ECU code reader for Pug 306 1998 (UK)
Can anyone recommend a suitable fault code reader for a Peugeot 306 1.4l petrol (Equinox badge), originally purchased in 1998, August I think. It's a UK model and is the new style. It has the...
4
4

Morning, afternooon all :(
Matt ("Matt" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying: If the car's that new, get it done properly.
15
15