Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Steering rack failed on 45 plate mk4 Astra 16V SXI
I?ve just been told the steering rack has failed on my MK4 54 plate Astra 16v SXI (2 months outside warranty) Has anyone ever heard of this before? It?s only done 23K miles (with full service history)...
5
5

opel corsa b engine
hi i have an opel corsa b in trinidad, w.i it's called a chevy monza. the prpblem is they stop importing the cars and i can seem to locate the oil unit and the temperate gauge in the engine can some...
5
5

least motorway revving for Toyota.
My 94 Corolla just scraped a pass on its MOT the other day because the tester said the emission levels were up due to not using the car enough. (too many visits just to Tescos). He said to regularly...
10
10

Cam belt snapped - Land Rover engine
Damn, I suppose I should have seen this one coming. Remember that Land Rover with the starting problem I asked about last month? Well it had become fairly reliable until Saturday morning, when it...
19
19

Zafira diesel starting problem - suggestions.
We have an occasional problem with starting our diesel Zafira when it has been parked facing uphill. The motor turns, and although the engine seems to catch, it feels fuel starved and simply won't...
5
5

Prising out the brake servo vacuum hose...
I'm presently replacing valve stem seals and HG on my Punto MK 2 (8v). So I'm likely to post a few daft questions over the next week. I've followed the Haynes manual in the process of removing the...
7
7

Renault Scenic : constant pitch noise problem
Would anyone know what the likely causes of a constant pitched noise, really noticeable above 40mph? It sounds as though the noise is coming from the rear (although I cannot be sure), yet it is a...
1
1

how do you test an ignition coil
as header, i think either the coil or electronic unit is dead but dont know how to test coil, help anyone steve
11
11

Re: THIS IS MOHAMMED 17
THIS IS CHRIS: Do FO there's a good chap and take your religious crap away with you we heard you the first 16 times! Chris P.S. This sin't a group for discussing religion anyway you donut!

Mondeo production date from chassis number
Hi Can anyone help me with working out a production date from a chassis number. Had a ggogle but can't find anything. Its a p plate 1.8 tdi mondeo with a reg date of 31/1/97 it seems a few parts...
2
2

Lovely joy
After the frosts of last week, and mothers over-handbrake-applicatory-exuberence, and the car being parked for some 4 days. Some selected words on my part, the S70 appeared to require new handbrake...
1
1

FA: Morris Quarter-Ton Van manual (1954?)
Hi there, AneBay item;

Overdamped throttle on Starlet... sorted.
Sorted the bugger! Some may remember it took an age to die down to idle. Whilst checking the vacuum tubes for bungage, as suggested, I squashed one of them trying to get it off and noticed that when I...
1
1

I enjoyed that
Ah, the joys of home mechanics. 4 hrs - cambelt and all the bits + 2 cam seals. I'm not sure what was the most satisfying though - the car running or the nice warm water to wash my hands afterwards -...
11
11

Oh crap!
Hi, Just sheared off the bleed nipple on one of the Ka's rear drums. Any tips on how to get the rest of it out (assuming you can replace those without replacing other bits too!!!)? The remainder is...
17
17