can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire

There is a TSB on this, go to www.maxima.org, go to the 5th generation section, at the top of the thread you will see the TSB thread, go there and look for the
blower noise TSB.
Neil
jdc1203 wrote:

I can not find any thread to go to??
There is a TSB on this, go to www.maxima.org, go to the 5th generation section, at the top of the thread you will see the TSB thread, go there and look for the blower noise TSB.
Neil
jdc1203 wrote:

The Blower Fan on

I have the radio

the rpm of the

box needs some type

bulletin on this

Boots Crofoot wrote:

There was one for the 2K Max, but I don't recall seeing it for later models. The normal dealer fix is to add extra insulation around the fan, but my dealer actually replaced the motor instead. Here's the TSB summary:
Service Bulletin Number: NTB99017A Bulletin Sequence Number: 109 Date of Bulletin: 0002 NHTSA Item Number: SB610985 Make: NISSAN Model: MAXIMA Year: 2000 Component: ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM Summary: SOME CUSTOMERS MAY INDICATE THAT A LIGHT TICKING OR HUMMING NOISE CAN BE HEARD COMING FROM THE BLOWER MOTOR OF AN APPLIED VEHICLE WHEN THE MOTOR IS RUN AT LOW FAN SPEEDS.
Hey all -
I don't know if there is anyone left here who will remember Andi Baritchi, but he had a pretty tricked out Max a few years ago, and he used to post here all the time. Well, according to my Car and Driver he just finished 4th over all in the "One Lap of America" which is a pretty trying race festival held over a number of days and at alot of tracks using road legal vehicles. He competed with the repacement to his old Max, a 1998 Toyota Supra which had been tricked out to a reported 600 Horse Power (which I think must be engine horse and not at the wheels). Anyway, I thought that it was pretty cool that a former poster had moved on to great things, and if anyone else remembers him, I am sure that they are happy for him too. All the best Andi -
Howard
snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net (JM) wrote in message

Well . . . I wasn't going to say it, but. :>
I was told that sometimes in cars if it misses to check the plug leads with a multimeter. As its often overlooked with carbon leads. supposed to be around 11-12 ohms but mine are around 7 ohms. Is this a factor in performance? Should i replace them? I've had my 1990 maxima for about 5 years now (2nd hand) & had never changed the leads.
Anyones views on this?
Almost always the problem is the insulation breaking down and spark jumping to ground through it. You can have several thousand ohms and 30+ KV will happily go though it. (besides 7 would be better than 11). Open the hood in the dark with the engine running and see if you observe an arcing. Or just run your hands down the wires while it's running :-)
Kane wrote:

No, lower is better. I had an 84 Daytona Turbo that had a wire with 150ohms and it was causing bad misfire at high acceleration. Jim's right about the arcing, etc. If they're cracked or beginning to disintegrate, change all of them!! I'd also recommend staying with factory stock wires so as to eliminate any doubt.
Chris 90 & 94 GXE's (my Max's also have original wires with no problems yet)

With the Accord now at 240 HP, the 2004 TL is expected

I mean type-S of course. It was about 3:00 a.m. when I wrote this.
JM
On 12 Jul 2003 00:35:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net (JM) wrote:

I think you stated the reason right there. Nissan needs the I35 to remain similar to the Lexus Camry.
I couldn't be happier.
I think that Nissan has abandoned its customers with the new Maxi in a big way. Techno interior, front drive, Goofy looks & a big proce tag. Still nice straight-line performance, but it still FEELS like a Nissan. YUCK!
Yup, still more sour grapes from an unhappy Nissan owner, but so what?!?! If they treated customers like they cared about future car buyers, their future might be a bit less mired.
Hope to see Nissan return to its luck of the 80's. Maybe Kia will baile them out this time.

Compare the FX & Murano though - the interior of the FX loses the Techno look
I can see an I35 on the Maxi front drive platform with a less techno look
snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net says...

If you want performance - go for the G35, the markewt demographics for the i30/35 have always been a little older. At 38 I am the youngest driver I have have ever seen in an 130
I like the I35. it isn't goofy looking like the 2004 maxima, and priced only $1000 higher than a loaded maxima.
If it came in pearl white with black leather, I'd buy it.
( I have the only pearl white maxima with black leather, and I love it. )
I am selling my 95 SE that I have had for 3 yrs now its got 92k on it and a new set of tires. It's a very good running car with alot of mods. All engine work done on the car was done by the local Nissan Dealer and it was well taken care. All stock parts removed along with the alloy wheels and tires can also go with the car, everything goes. For more info and pictures go to www.madmaxima.com the price is $9000 or best offer. See ya Cary
I'm looking for a 2k1 max and just have 1 question. is thr in-dash Cd changer part of thr premium(bose) audio system? or do you have to get the bose system AND get the in-dash changer option. if this is the case can the in-dash changer be added in if I find a car without this option? thanks -Slick Nick
The 2001 SE standard equipment is a single CD player. The changer is an option. I don't know an in-dash unit is available. A friend has the trunk mounted unit.
Greg 01SE

changer
system
changer
This is the 2nd time this month you've posted pictures to a non-binary newsgroup of your stock Maxima that we've all seen on the street many times before. No one cares, so stop wasting bandwidth.
Nick

As I've thought since this model year was released....
"Gods what an UGLY car!!!"
I think it is a good looking car... better than the 5th gen IMO.