07 JBL MP3 CD Player - no fast forward?

A new car is a luxury. It is foolish to borrow money to buy a luxury.

Reply to
richard schumacher

People in that position should buy a used car, because they will have to borrow a lot less.

Reply to
richard schumacher

You would be making more on your investments if you had borrowed money to buy a used car, because you would have had more cash-in-pocket to invest.

Reply to
richard schumacher

Yes, absolutely. My response was meant purely in the context of the previous poster's, which was only talking about paying interest.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Oh gawd, another right wing chicken hawk.

Our invasion of Iraq has nothing to do with terrorism.

Why aren't you in Iraq, walking the walk instead of just mouthing off the talk, boy?

For your information, I put more than 22 years in the US Army, with one year in Vietnam, and have a 20% disability resulting from my Vietnam tour. So you can take that "coward" and shove it up your fat, hairy ass, puke?

What is your military experience, maggot?

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

All too many of them.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Does anyone in his right mind believe that we invaded Iraq because of terrorism? Hint: The answer is not "yes".

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

That is exactly what I'm going to be doing this time, but it will go into my TSA/403(b) plan, re: retirement savings.

Cathy

Whether

Reply to
Cathy F.

Whoa, there Paul. Sending troops to Afghanistan was legitimate. bin Laden was operating from there, and the Taliban government did support and aid him. Of course, Bush f***ed that all up and accomplished little or nothing after getting the Taliban out of the government, which in the long run didn't do all that much (although it did help somewhat regarding the way women are treated there).

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

The same Taliban that the US govt had helped to install in the first place, you mean ?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Russell

No, those were the Good Taliban of the East, the ones who are fighting the Soviets. We're talking about the Bad Taliban of the West now. ;-)

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

4 years in the United State Navy....ground pounder....
Reply to
Scott in Florida

Interesting, isn't it? The US government also once supported Iraq in their war against Iran. Of course, Iraq at the time was ruled by a leader we liked...

Reply to
Sue Rodgers

Yes, all praise be to Saint Reagan.

Reply to
richard schumacher

Couldn't hack it, huh?

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Yeah, we were hot up against the Russians that we supported anyone who was fighting them. The US has all too often followed "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" without considering everything.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Oh silly me - I never could tell the difference between those two. ;-)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Russell

Stop multiposting, stop now.

Reply to
Big Ugly

I hacked it just fine.

Why did you choose the Army?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

A number of reasons; they offered training in a field of my choosing was probably the biggest one. At the time (1961), the other services did not offer that choice. I also (naively) thought that my two semesters of Army ROTC would help me more in the army than in any other service.

So I put in 22 years, got out, and went into software testing for another dozen years (with a few years in computer sales between those two professions).

Reply to
Michelle Steiner