Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1994 4Runner octane
Which octane for the 1994 4Runner V6 4WD. I do not have an owners manual. Thanks in advance
2
2

2004 Tundra Daytime Running Lights
I apparently did not get the DRL option on mine when I bought last year. Is there any way I can get them to turn on? Either making a connection or buying a module or ............? Also,I really like...

'97 Camry 3-CD Changer Error Sign E-02
HELLO EVERYBODY. I have a '97 camry with a 3 cd in dash changer. The magazine is lodged in the deck but it's in the "change" or "outward" position (not inside the deck in the playing position). Does...
1
1

95 Blown Head Gasket Recall
Just yesterday my '95 4Runner with the V6 and 108k miles, blew a head gasket. I have been told during previous trips to the dealership that my 4 Runner was not covered by the recall. This means I will...
6
6

How do you turn off traction control on a 2003 4runner?
I left my manual at my in-laws -- long story -- anyway, is there a switch or something to turn on traction control? I just noticed a 2005 4-runner review where they did that. I have the 2003 with the...

2003 Tacoma 4 cyl Fuel Filter Location?
Mine is the SR5 Extended Cab 2WD manual transmission. I give up.....where have they hidden the fuel filter and why the Hell doesn't the owner's manual say ANYTHING about it?
4
4

help: more 2-piece driveshaft questions
help: more 2-piece driveshaft questions Great responses and now I have more pointed questions. Thank you very much for the help and support. New to these newsgroups so if this post more than once I...
3
3

EFI fuse blowing (91 4Runner)
This problem started last Saturday. I take this 4Runner on weekend errands and the like, and it's been no problem at all. (I also drive it in the snow, which makes the current situation slightly more...
3
3

Need Help, Can I put 205/70R15 snow tires on 2004 Sienna CE or 2003 Corolla LE?
I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla LE and 2004 Toyota Mini Van Sienna CE. The Corolla has original tire size 195/65R15, and Senna has original tire size 215/65R16. Right now I have 4 new 205/70R15 snow...
1
1

40 amp fusible link popping
I have a 1994 toyota pick-up with the 22re motor. The groundwire from the alternator to the firewall used to burn up when atempting to start. Now that I have put a 10 gauge groundwire on, the truck...
3
3

Shift Linkage Rattle?
I drive an '85 Toyota pickup, 4x4 with a 22r and a 5spd manual trans. When I shut down the engine the car shakes quite a bit. Not a big deal, but lately I've noticed that the shift linkage seems to...
1
1

new battery, terminal too small
Okay... I got a new battery a while back for my 4Runner, was in a bind and had to get it quickly (borrowed the car's battery to get me to Auto Zone, they took my old one and matched it to a new one)...
12
12

T100 2wd rear axle swap out question
95 T100 ext cab 6 cyl 5 speed dx 2wd. Bent the rear differential axle housing now both rear tires wearing. Junkyards they ask for gear ratio either 3.77 or 3.91 for the correct replacement. The gear...
1
1

mudflap ripped off, stripped screw holes
I made some custom front flaps after I lost one of my originals a few months ago. A replacement would have been $106CDN. I ripped one of my replacements clean off, took 2 of the 3 screws with it. The...
1
1

01 Sequoia coolant question: Zerex G-05 or Toyota red ?
All, Just pick up my Sequoia last night. Love the truck ! The truck has 87K miles. I figure its time to change all fluids since I am not sure when the previous owner did this. My next door neighbor...
2
2

Fog light mod for 03 Sequoia?
Has anyone figured a way to have total control of the factory foglights on an 03 Sequoia so I can run them with just drl, parking lights, with high beams on, etc??

Tune Up specs sought for 22r -- ignition timing and idle speed
My 1981 2wd pickup is sending me hints that I need to finish the tune-up that I started before Christmas: rough idling, sputtering, stumbling during acceleration, etc... I want to make sure the...
3
3

aftermarket tach on 1993 toyota pickup
I've been wondering how to hook up a tach to my truck is a 1993 toyota, has speedo ,temp gauge and fuel level. I know you hook up the positive wire to the coil. the coil is different on a 1993. it is...
1
1

1999 Tacoma - can't figure out how the alarm works
Just bought a 99 Tacoma Prerunner SR5. It has an alarm, no owner's manual. We haven't yet figured out how that blasted thing works. We stumbled across activating it, then spent several minutes...
1
1

Map Light Replacement
Well, I finally got my map light housing off without breaking it and now I find that none of my local auto parts stores carries the bulb I need. The bulb that I took out is a Toshiba A12V8W. I suppose...